Chapter 23:

Chapter 23:

Phillip had turned around to see what I was screaming at, and he went pale. The father was lying on the floor choking on his own blood, and Jack advanced towards Phillip.

I fumbled forwards, trying to stop Jack from killing the man. But Jack didn't hesitate to go on with what he was doing, even when I had begged him to stop. He drove his knife easily through Phillip's chest.

Staring in horror, I felt my stomach twist and turn, making me feel nauseas. Jack continued to stab his blade into Phillip's chest, only stopping when he stopped moving.

Taking deep breaths, I tried to calm myself down. I was on my knees, staring down into the snow. Jack looked over to me, standing up from the two dead bodies. "Xayla, are you ok?" Jack asked, looking over to me.

I didn't respond, but I just stood up. A part of me regretted coming, while the other part was intrigued. I hated that part of me. There was nothing interesting about this, yet I don't want to leave.

"This... This just needs some getting used to..." I chuckled dryly, looking over to Phillip's dead body. Jack gave out his hand to help me up, and I gladly took it. "Jack... Next time, don't let me get to know their name," I said, looking up at him.

Seeing a stranger being killed is easier then seeing someone in which you can place a name on getting killed. It just is.

Jack nodded, looking over his shoulder to the two mangled victims. "There is a cabin up ahead. I just want to kill those people then we'll return back," Jack said, beginning to walk.

The cabin wasn't too far away, so we barely managed to have a small conversation.

"Do you want to try?" Jack asked, pulling out his bloody knife and handing it towards me. I looked up at him as if he were insane. Who am I kidding, Jack is insane! All creepy pastas are insane.

I looked at the blade, another darker thought coming fourth in my mind. Come on, try it. It might be fun, I thought. I shuddered, then took the knife out of Jack's hand. Jack looks surprised, and I could tell by the grip he had on the knife.

He didn't expect me to take it.

"Killing gives you a feeling, a great feeling," Jack said, looking over to me as we walked.

"I bet," I said, feeling the blood that was on the handle of the knife smear on my hand. It felt disgusting. I wanted to just throw it on the ground and go wash my hands in the snow around me, but I knew that I needed to get used to this lifestyle.

I knew that I would have to kill. Ever since I felt feelings for Jack, which were strong and this point, I knew that I was going to have to kill. But I won't become as sick as Jeff and Jack, sick as in I needed to kill.

Killing will have to be a thing that I rarely do.

Monster, I heard a voice in my head call me. I didn't disagree.

We made it to the cabin, and there was a deathly silence in the air. I felt as if the cabin was abandoned, but Jack continued to move on with the hunt. The knife felt heavy in my hands. No, it wasn't heavy because of what it was made of, but rather it was heavy because this item had caused me so much fear, so much anxiety.

This item has ruined lives, and ended them.

The cabin looked nice a neat, so we knew that there was people living here. The lights were on inside of it, and I saw a young blond girl (perhaps in her mid-twenties) walking around inside of it, on her phone.

Jack took a seat on the frozen ground, staring at the window. "What are you doing?" I asked quietly, not sitting down just yet.

"She is on her cell phone, Xayla. You have to wait for her to get done talking so no one will have a clue that she is being murdered," Jack said, drawing his attention away from the girl and now to me.