My Hair Pulling Neighbor Who Thinks I Dont Exist [21]

Leilany's P.O.V

He raised his hand and wiped a single tear away. "Why are you crying Lani?" he asked sadness in his voice. I really didn't want to worry him, I was just so shocked that he felt this way towards me even as little kids, I loved him dearly, as a friend and a brother, he was always my Xavi.

"I'm sorry, it's just I was really mad when you left me here and you show me this, I had no idea, this is so cute, so nice... I don't know what to say." I told him, my voice cracking every now and then.

He looked at me and then gave me a hug, "Lani, you, along with my parents, are the most important thing in my life you know me like the back of your hand, I know YOU like the back of MY hand, I was sad and mad I had to leave too." He looked down at the hole that we had left in the ground, "I'm glad I was able to come back though, I really did miss you, more than you think actually."

"What do you mean?" I asked not knowing what he meant by more than you think.

"Lani, I don't know if I should tell you, I mean I don't want you to get freaked out or anything." He said still not looking at me, he got up and began to walk towards the big rocks.

"You can tell me anything Xavi, that's what friends are for." I told him sincerely now getting up myself and walking towards him. I didn't like the fact that he thought something he would tell me would freak me out, didn't he understand I loved him too; he was very special to me.

"Lani, I think I'm in love with you..." he said now looking at me.

What the hell, was I hearing correctly, I was about to speak but he put one finger to my mouth motioning me to let him finish, "I think I'm head over heels over you Leilany Summers, I noticed it the minute I was back in that classroom looking at you again, in New York I was never able to keep a relationship because I compared all those girls to you, but none of them WERE you. Now I know I'm too late but I'm willing to try, to leave you alone keep being your best friend but still try to win you over somehow, to let you realize by yourself that you love ME too."

WHY OH WHY WAS HE DOING THIS TO ME.

"Xavi... why... when... how?" I said. I didn't know what to say. This whole thing was so confusing, my mother was right, Tracy was right... oh my what was I supposed to do?

"I know I'm sorry for putting you through this, I really am, but I can't help the way I feel about you Lani. You know it more than anyone you cannot help the way you feel about someone." He said sadly, "I know you don't like me, I know you love Stephen, as much as it hurts me I'm still your best friend and I'm happy for you,

I really am."

"Xavi, gosh, this is so confusing. I really don't know what to say..." I was speechless.

We both stayed in silence, my head was spinning with all sorts of crazy things, I wasn't going to let this change between us, and he'd said he was still happy that I was with Stephen. Maybe if I got him someone who was like me he would be able to forget this dumb love thing that he had towards me. I still couldn't believe things were turning out this way.

"Like I said I don't want things to change between us, I won't push anything Lani I promise, I just had to tell you how I felt." He said walking towards me, and then he hugged me.

First time ever that I felt weird hugging him, I mean I loved his damn bear hugs they always made me feel safe. That was before I knew he loved me, know I didn't know if I should let the hug remain like this. But I couldn't help it, I let him hug me, I missed him, he said things wouldn't change between us, if I broke the hug that would be me trying to change things. I shouldn't let this become something awkward between us, even if it did make me feel a bit weird.

"It's ok, you'll see nothing will change between us." I said. Knowing I was totally right because Xavi would always be JUST my BEST FRIEND.

We continued hugging for a bit more, I couldn't help to feel a bunch of different emotions running through me: anger, confusion, love (as in best friend), and disappointment. Everything just felt weird; you know random, when can one find out their BEST FRIEND is in love with them. I mean sure shit like this probably happened a lot, but not to those girls who had a damn boyfriend. Gosh, this still seemed to be a dream, maybe I had fallen asleep on my couch. I pinched my wrist and it freaking hurt, yes I was living this moment and yes Xavi loved me.

Xavi's P.O.V

I had finally told her, I couldn't keep it in much longer; my feelings had to be let out. I knew she wasn't expecting it, shit I wasn't expecting it, but it happens. "Do you want to go home?" I asked letting go of her, we had been embraced in a long "bear" hug, how she called them.

"Yeah, you have school tomorrow and its 1 a.m. already." She said looking down at her wrist watch. I looked down at mine and noticed it was 1:09 a.m. already.

"I don't mind, but ok... let's go." I explained. Then began to walk through the rocks into the beach again, leaving the dug up whole there letting people know someone had been there tonight. Once again I heard her footsteps behind me. I slowed my pace so that she was able to catch up with me.

"You know, I still think it was super cute that you dug up a picture of me." She said giggling.

"Yeah it was either that or my dead turtle's remains." I joked.

"Oh my gosh, speedy, I remember you called him speedy because you'd thought it was funny to call someone slow speedy, wow I feel so special I beat a dead turtle." She giggled once more.

"Yes what can I say you just beat him by a point, he was indeed very special, never underestimate speedy." I kept joking.

And like that we kept joking back and forth, I dropped her off at her house, she had been wiping her eyes from laughing tears that had been produced by me. I missed that, me making her cry because she had laughed so hard at my jokes. With that she walked out of my car and I stayed there watching the love of my love leave me alone in my car, watching her from far away still smiling.

AN: ok so its a lil short but i had to post it so you know what happens the next chap is stephen and leilany from stephens pov. :) cant wait for all you stephen fans to read.. im so excited i need one more fan to get 100 ahhh i love all of u guys comment become my 100th fan and tell me what u think of this chap.