My Hair Pulling Neighbor Who Thinks I Dont Exist [20]

I clicked contacts on my phone and dialed Lani's number, my heart was racing.

"Hello." I heard after the fourth ring.

"Umm... Lani it's me, mind going somewhere with me?" I asked nervously.

"Where to?" she said sweetly.

"Just get your butt down here and stop asking questions." I ordered being myself again with her.

"Fine." She whined.

Yes. She I was going to see her again, here I go. This is the starting point of trying to win her over. I smiled to myself as I saw her coming out of her house.

"So why are you telling me to sneak out of my house at NIGHT to go somewhere with you kid?" she said giving me the "I'm going to kill you" look.

"I want to take you somewhere..." I said starting the engine, she rolled her eyes but a smile formed on her face.

I was about to take her to a place my father had taken me the last day we were here. I hadn't been there ever since that day, I wanted to see if something that we hid there was still hiding in that same old place.

"So where are we headed?" Lani asked me after we had gotten out of the freeway and heading to the beach.

"Don't you know where this road leads to?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Well yeah, but I didn't know you would take me to the beach at night." She said slapping the back of my head.

"Hey! Think of it as an adventure, plus I want to show you something special to me."

"Special?" she asked.

"Gosh Lani wait and see dammit, you're still as impatient as ever." I laughed.

"Yes, so deal with it and tell me now." She demanded. She was so fucking cute, I missed this so much, it was weird how in New York I never felt at home, I mean never comfortable with anyone like I do right now. It was obvious that I was now home, where I belonged.

"What you thinking about...?" she asked breaking my thoughtful moment.

"Nothing, just how much I missed being here." I replied honestly.

"I missed you too, hopefully things go back to the way they were when we were small, happy, no worries, just fun you know." She said thoughtfully.

"I know what you mean." I replied as I parked the car.

We both stared out the window, things hadn't changed at all in this beach, and the sand was still the same bronze color, the water still made the air smell a fresh sort of minty smell. Everything was just the same nothing seemed to have changed. "Come on follow me..." I said getting out of the car.

I heard the other door slam shut and I put my car alarm on, not that anyone will come and steal it in the middle of the night.

"Ok this is totally weird beach, at night; in case you didn't notice it's freezing out..." she started complaining. "Xavi wait for me..."

' "Stop complaining and hurry your butt up." I yelled now running towards that spot I hadn't seen in years. As u ran into the sand I stopped to take off my shoes and socks off, I felt the cold sand between my toes as I began to run again. I could hear her footsteps behind me trying to catch up. I kept running for like three more minutes until I finally reached the rocky part of the beach.

"Ok here we are." I said pointing to the rocks.

"Rocks?" she asked out of breath. I laughed, she was out of breath, and it was just so funny to see her standing there in the dark trying to catch her breath.

"No it's what's behind the rocks that I want to show you come on..." I leaded her into the darkness and took out a flashlight I had in my back pocket. I illuminated what was in front of me and came across emptiness. The rocks still formed that same circular space, my dad and I had buried the stuff in the middle of the space. He had said it would be like finding a treasure if we ever came back here. I looked behind me and Lani bumped into me making me trip over one of the rocks and fall.

As I fell I felt her falling with me, my flashlight flew out of my hands.

"I'm so sorry..." she breathed; I could feel her face inches away.

"It's ok, it's so damn dark here." I replied, for some reason I was freaking nervous, she was so close to me I could feel her, smell her, she was tangible. It was so dark that I had no idea what her face looked like right now.

"Xavi, I can't see anything." She began to panic.

Not wanting to move out of this position I began searching the flashlight with my hands. I quickly found it over my head and turned it back on accidently facing the light into Lani's face. I didn't regret this though the minute the light shone on her face was the minute lost my mind.

Her pale skin was so smooth, her eyes had been huge from the darkness phobia, and her lips looked luscious. She smiled as soon as she saw the light and her smile made me want to forget about everything and just remain with her for the rest of the night, without worrying about that dumbass jock. My body began to act on its own, I began to reach for her face, I wanted to kiss her so bad. "Xavi, what did you want to show me?" she asked making me realize what I was about to do.

She was still on me though, "Oh... umm... something... me and my... umm... dad buried here the last day we were here."

"Well show me." She was still on me. I didn't mind it though.

"I can't..." I said flashing the light at her even more.

"Oh... I'm, I'm sorry!" she said quickly getting up.

"No problem..." I reminded her. I began to walk to what I thought was the middle of the sand space, after I reached what I thought was the middle I threw myself on my knees, "Ok, come here, help me out." I ordered.

She smiled and went on her knees as well, we started using our shoes as digging material, the top of the sand was soft, but as we got lower the sand began to get harder, it wasn't beach sand anymore. How stupid was I in not bringing any shovels along with me, but then I remembered that I wasn't really thinking properly because all I wanted to do was see her.

We began struggling but finally my shoes and hand hit something.

She looked up at me and smiled, I smiled back. We both began to dig faster and soon enough the small tiny mini cereal box was found, old, soggy, and dirty but it was found.

"What's inside?" she asked curiously.

"My dad had told me to bring along a picture of the thing I would miss the most and to bury it here because I would someday come back to it, that by burying it here I would be able to move on with my life in New York as long as I knew that someday I would come back to what I missed the most in my life." I explained to her.

"What did you bury, what where you going to miss the most from here?" she asked curiosity still in her face.

I handed her the mini cereal box, "Take a look at it yourself." I replied.

She slowly took the box away from me and opened it, she took the tiny picture in it and held it in front of her eyes, using my flashlight to see it clearly. "Oh my gosh, Xavi... I, I don't know what to say" she replied, "It's a picture of me."

I nodded, "Yes Lani, even if I sound corny, you were the thing I would miss the most, I wanted you to be with me when I unburied it, so that I could prove to you and to myself that I came back to that thing I missed the most, you."

She smiled and a single tear rolled down her cheek, I took my hand and cleared it away form her beautiful face.

AN: OMG!!! what do you think? Has XAVI won your heart yet lol.... oh soooo many more surprises to come im so excited I'm on a roll two postings in two days, gosh i just cant seem to stop myself... anyways tell me if u liked? vote comment n again pick TEAM XAVI or TEAM STEPHEN