My Hair Pulling Neighbor Who Thinks I Dont Exist [17]

I snapped back to reality and noticed we were still sitting in my car.

" I'm not, I'm just thinking." I replied, because I was thinking. My mind had been thinking and going around in circles ever since the first moment I walked inside that classroom and saw Lani again.

"So have you thought about anything?" she tried changing the conversation.

"I actually have," I turned to look at her and smiled, " you can hang out with me the rest of your suspension days, we can catch up."

Her face turned into a huge grin, I knew Stephen had her heart, but I still had some part in it too.

"Oh my gosh, yes!" she yelled hugging me. The hug was awkward because we were both sitting down, yet it still felt good to have my arms wrapped around her. I had really missed her, maybe more than I had

imagined.

Her hair smelled so good.

Wait what the hell, I used to tease her about her hair smelling like rubbish and now I'm here admiring her smell.

"Then we can be like old times once more." She shrieked.

I was about to answer when her phone vibrated. "It's mom." She murmured.

"Tell her you're with me..." I whispered back. Her mom had always loved me, the moment my parents knocked on their door the first day they moved in, they loved me.

"Yes... ok... sure thing mom... ok... see you then bye." She said closing her phone and rolling her eyes. "She wants me to go home in a bit, she also said to take you." She raised an eyebrow.

"Well I'll go in a bit maybe, because I have to finish unpacking and placing my computer in place so I can use the internet for homework." It wasn't that I didn't want to go, it's just I really did have to finish unpacking my stuff. It was really frustrating to wake up and not know where the things you needed where.

She shrugged. "Ok, well I still have the same messenger so you can IM me if you get your internet working." She smiled and then put her seatbelt on. I didn't even have to ask to know that I had to drive her home. The drive to her house was a very quiet one, I seriously didn't know what was wrong with me, usually we would both be laughing our butts off any random thing on the street, yet here I was silent. Not saying anything and I was sure she felt awkward for the first time in her life around me.

"Well here we are." I said parking in her driveway.

"Thanks Xavi, see you online." She hugged me and kissed me on the cheek goodbye.

"Bye..." I whispered. See this was exactly what I mean, before I would have probably wiped her kiss off my cheek in front of her just to piss her off, but now I wanted that wet kiss to remain on my cheek, to penetrate skin and remain there.

Leilany's P.O.V

"I'm home." I yelled as I walked through the front door.

"In here sweetie..." my mom yelled back. My mom and I were that way, screaming at each other was how we communicated, sometimes it was bad screaming but most of the time, it was just screaming for regular things.

I walked into the kitchen and found her making supper, "Mom, Xavi changed a lot, and by a lot I mean his whole face has changed, well you know you can tell it's him it's just he's so..."

"Cute?"

"What no, well yeah, but no, mom I don't mean it that way, you know he's my best friend." I said narrowing my eyes at her. She had always done this to me, tried to get me to talk to Xavi even after he was gone, I think she had always wanted me to stay with him.

"Right... now go clean up your room, before you left to school you didn't even do your bed, now hurry up before I start making you realize how important Xavi is to you." She said pointing to my room.

"Ugh, ok, ok I'm going..." I ran out of the kitchen covering my ears, my mother was very persuasive, so persuasive that you can almost believe the things she says even if they weren't true.

I walked into my room and laid my bag on the floor next to my desk, my bed was lying in front of my desk and next to my small closet. My closet with clothes that had not changed much in over three years, I walked up to my computer and turned it on.

As soon as it turned on I was logged on to my instant messenger. Xavi was already on there, as well as other people whom I only talked to when I was extremely bored.

Lani: Hey I thought you would clean your house up?

Xavi: I am...

Lani: Oh ok... am I bothering?

Xavi: You never do, don't say that.

Lani: Ok I won't... so what are you doing.

Xavi: Nothing just at home bored, alone, and you.

Lani: Nothing I'm supposed to be cleaning too.

Xavi: Cool, cool.

Lani: You are such a weirdo.

Xavi: How?

Lani: I don't know you just are.

Xavi: Ok

Lani: Why are you being so weird Xavi?

Xavi: I guess I'm still pissed off.

Lani: Oh my, are you still on Stephen's ass?

Xavi: You can say it that way.

Lani: Oh my gosh Xavi.

Xavi: Lani I'm back in town ok... and whether you like it or not that means you have someone to protect

you... and right now this Stephen guy does not seem like a good guy for you.

Lani: What the heck you don't even know him. I cannot believe you're saying this.

Xavi: Well I can't believe you have a jock boyfriend.

Lani: Why would you care?

Xavi: Because you're my best friend and I love you.

Lani: Well I love you too but that doesn't mean I'm going to ruin your love life. Why do you even care... you're not going to be the only guy who loves me...

Xavi: I wish I was...

Lani: You can't be the only guy to love me you're my best friend and there will be other guys.... Wait what?

Xavi: What about what?

Lani: What you said...

Xavi: Well yeah, I don't know that's how I feel.

Lani: About what...

Xavi: I got to go mom's home...

Xavi appears offline.

What the hell was that about, I was already ready to tell him off and he just says I wish I was... what? What was that supposed to mean?

AN: hope you like comment, vote :)