Chapter 30 (Last Chapter)

"Put your lips close to mine, as long as they don't touch. Out of focus, eye to eye, till the gravity's too much. I'd do anything you say if you say it with your hands. I'd be smart to walk away but you're quicksand." - Treacherous by Taylor Swift

Chapter 30

Christy's POV

My fist flew forward, connecting with Mikey's jaw, then my foot, connecting with his stomach. He lost his balance, falling backwards onto the dirt-filled ground. He laid there still. I was afraid I had hurt him or knocked him unconsciousness, but surely, I wasn't that strong or skilled.

I sighed as a low chuckle reverberated through his chest. He sat up, pushing himself to his feet. He brushed the dirt and dust off his white tshirt.

"Well I think you're ready." He said, sounding stoic.

"What are you? Yoda?" I laughed, receiving a smile from him.

"I wish," He laughed. "You know what I could do if I was?"

"Do we have a Star Wars fan in our midst?" I gawked, putting my hand on my chest in exaggeration.

"Uh, duh." He scoffed. "Me and Harry used to stay up late when we were little acting out the movies. We knew every line and I bet if you ask Harry, he still knows them all." He smiled at the memory he was bringing up.

I couldn't help but let my mind picture two little boys, one a little taller than the other, jumping around the living room, bouncing on top of couches. Pillows scattering the floor as the boys jumped on the soft cushions. I could see the way Harry's cute curls bounced around his forehead with every spring off the couch. Suddenly, all the violence and pain that Harry had experienced seemed to disappear as I pictured him as a little kid. He was innocent. He wasn't always so broken. He once smiled as much as he could and before the tragedy his life brought, he was happy. There was nothing I couldn't forgive him for. Everything he's done, he has been forced to do. Either his pain or Andrew forcing him.

And now there was one more thing forcing him to do things he didn't want to... Love.

"Christy!" Mikey shook my shoulder, knocking me back to reality. I needed to stop letting myself get lost in thoughts like this. I can't keep letting myself think about how I've affected Harry's life and how "bad" I am for him, cause before we met, both of our lives were shit. Now all we were doing was living our shitty lives together because they were connected.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"Come on, let's go." He said, loosely grabbing my arm and pulling me with him. "Let's go get our boy back."

....

We drove for what felt like forever. My legs felt stiff and I needed to badly crack my back. Even though I knew how to use a gun, I still wasn't used to the feeling of being able to use it or the feeling of it sitting in the waistband of my pants. It was actually quite uncomfortable. I couldn't stand it anymore, so I placed it on the seat next to me.

"Mikey," My soft voice broke through the silence. "Can I ask you something?"

"Mmhhmm." He hummed.

"If we get Harry back and he's fine and okay, what's going to happen after?" I said, picking at my fingernails.

"Well, I would like to think that things could go back to normal, but I'm not even sure if I know what normal is anymore. I haven't lived normally since before me and Harry joined Andrew's gang."

"Why didn't you leave when Harry left?" I asked, cautiously. I could see the bone structure on his face tighten. His eyes seemed to blaze with anger and pain. Little pools of tears gathered at the bottom of his eyelids, threatening to fall onto his cheeks, but he blinked them away before they did. His hands gripped the steering wheel tighter. He took deep breaths, trying to tame whatever negative emotions bulding up inside him.