Chapter 12

"Let our hearts stop and beat as one together. Let our hearts stop and beat as one forever." - Blank Page by Christina Aguilera

Chapter 12

Christy's POV

The voices were getting closer and closer and I could feel my heart beating against my chest. Harry's arm slowly snaked around my back, pulling me closer to his body.

"Stay close to me." He whispered in my ear. I could tell by the look on his face he was not in fighting condition. He was weak. We both were and weapon less. At this point, we were relying on Mikey.

"Harry, what are you going to do? You're nowhere near capable of defending yourself, let alone the both of us. You're not superman." Harry's jaw clenched and I knew I had hit a weak spot.

"I have to do something. I have to protect you. You're here because of me and my stupidity." He said, his voice cracking. I could see the tears beginning to well in his eyes before he quickly blinked them away and turned his head. My chest tightened and I gently grabbed his chin between my fingers, turning him to look at me.

"None of this was your fault. I was in it before I met you. I'm glad I have you here by my side through it all." I said, pressing my forehead to his.

"You know, I could be your superman." He said. My heart leaped in my chest as I wrapped my arms around his neck and burying my head into his shoulder. His arms snaked around my back, securing me to his body.

My whole body jumped as something heavy hit the door on the other side. Harry chuckled at my reaction.

"As touching as you guys are, I think we have company." Mikey said, gripping the gun tightly in his hand.

I suddenly became aware of the pain shooting through my leg and soon enough, it was almost unbearable. My leg had begun to shake, making my balance very off. I looked down at my leg, which was now throbbing. Blood had begun to run down my leg, soaking the half ripped hoodie and the majority of my jeans. The hoodie was no longer gray, but scarlet red. I must have opened the wound back up somehow. I was losing a lot of blood and I was becoming light headed. I pressed the palm of my hand to my leg, but I was too weak to apply enough pressure.

"Harry..." I swallowed, attempting to take deep breaths while gripping onto his shoulder with my other hand.

"Shh, it's okay. We'll get through this." He said, not taking his eyes off the rusty door that was about to be broken down.

"No, Harry. I don't think I can stand anymore." I breathed, trying my best not to pass out.

"What?" Harry said, turning his head towards me, beautiful green eyes meeting mine. I brought my hand up in front of me. Blood smeared across my skin. My hand was shaking and I could feel Harry's grip tighten on me when he looked down at my hand.

"Oh shit." He whispered. My vision was becoming blurry and I was completely oblivious to everything around me. Suddenly, the sounds of gunshots bounced off the steel walls, echoing loudly.

Soon enough, the world had begun to fall around me.

...

Harry's POV

Five guys had managed to break down the door, forcing Mikey to aim and fire. Christy's eyes were rolling to the back of her head and soon she was falling to the floor. I quickly wrapped my arms around her, picking her up bridal style. Pain shot through my shoulders but it was nothing unbearable.

"Mikey, can you get us out of here without my help?"

Mikey turned around, his eyes moving down to Christy. Sweat glistened off his forehead. A mischievous smile played its way onto his face as he nodded. He waved his hand, gesturing for me to follow him. He exited the room with me right behind him. We maneuvered our way around the bodies of the men Mikey had shot. The hallway outside the rusty doorway was clear until three more men came running down the stairs, armed.