Chapter 14

"I don't need this life. I just need somebody to die for. Somebody to cry for when I'm lonely." - Somebody To Die For by Hurts

Chapter 14

Christy's POV

"Mikey?" Harry breathed. His whole body was tense. "You're alive?"

Mikey leaned against the door frame, unable to stand up straight on his own. The dim light on the wall outside the motel room glowed on his face.

"Yeah, sorry to disappoint you." Mikey's voice was scratchy as it escaped his lips. The side of his face, lit up by light, contorted in pain as he broke into a fit of coughing. His hand clutched the wall beside him.

"Harry, I think he's hurt." I gasped. Within a second, Harry's arm was around Mikey's, helping him waddle into the room, shutting the door behind him. The whole room consumed into darkness once again.

Mikey fell down into the chair sitting in the corner, groaning in pain. Harry reached for the lamp, the whole room lighting up. Blood stained the shoulder of Mikey's t-shirt. Beads of sweat rolled down his forehead. His skin tone was a lot paler than usual. My stomach twisted in knots and I hated that I was just sitting here, doing nothing. I sat up straight, swinging my legs over the side of the bed. Maybe if I just hopped on one leg I could help. Before my foot could lay flat on the floor, Harry held his hand out, telling me to stop.

"Christy, don't." He gave me a stern look as if I was a child. I considered fighting with him, but there was no point, so I sunk back into the pillow. Mikey was the only thing that needed to be on Harry's mind, not me.

I looked in the bedside drawers, hoping to find something to help stop the blood staining Mikey's skin and the chair he was sitting in. Pillow cases and sheets laid neatly folded. Harry had begun to take off his shirt before I stopped him.

"Harry, you're shirt is filthy. That's only going to make his wound worse." He looked at me with an irritated look, but I let it roll off with the situation he was in.

"Well, what do you suggest?" He snapped at me, making my heart strings pull. I could tell by the flinch in his eyes that he hated talking to me like that.

"Use this." I said as I grabbed the sheets from the drawer and tossed them at him. He flashed a sincere apologetic smile at me as he wrapped the sheets around Mikey's shoulder.

...

Harry rustled around in the bathroom as I dabbed a wet washcloth on Mikey's forehead. He was conscious but not really aware. His eyelids fluttered close every once awhile, but I did everything to keep him awake. My other hand pressed harder onto the sheet covering his shoulder, attempting to stop the never ending flow of blood, but nothing was working. I could feel it slowly seep through my small, skinny fingers.

"Harry!" I yelled, panic in my voice. What was he looking for that was taking him this long?

"I'm coming!" His raspy voice echoed into the room as he walked in with his hands full of supplies, scattering them along the foot of the bed. Harry had let me stand after he realized he needed another set of hands. I leaned more into the wall as my injured leg had begun to feel sore, putting all my weight on my other leg. I did everything I could to not let the pain contort my face, so Harry wouldn't worry. He scrambled around the white box labeled First Aid Kit. His eyebrows furrowed and his hands trembled, throwing unneeded items onto the mattress. 

"Babe, maybe you should sit down." He said, not taking his eyes off the messy pile on the bed. "You're in no condition-" He started. 

But I interrupted him. "No, Harry! I'm not just gonna sit here and do nothing. I'm helping you." I seethed, sending a small flash of anger in his green eyes. My mind flashed back to when Harry pinned me against the wall on the stairs; the same anger, mixed with lust, dancing in his irises. The first time he had ever touched me. To think, I was terrified of him then. Now, just the thought of him touching me like that sent goosebumps dancing along my skin. Instead of picking a fight with me, which I could tell he wanted to, he scoffed as his eyes returned to the first aid kit in front of him.