Chapter Eleven

The women that had walked in was beyond beautiful. She looked happy, full of life. Everything my mother wasn't. I wanted to hate her; blame her for taking my mothers spot. But I couldn't, the way she looked at my father overwhelmed me. It was as if she couldn't live without him. It was how I imagined I looked at Antonio.

"Darling, what's going on?" Her voice was just as sweet as Ceras. She curiously looked at me as she spoke. She didn't know about me; about my fathers dirty little secret.

In a twisted way I was happy. Happy that I was about to tear apart their perfect family. 

"Honey please seat down--" He seemed scared. His voiced cracked as he took her hand.

"I'm so sorry. I couldn't tell you until now and I should've." He paused again as he took a breath. 

"This is my daughter, Esther." It was silent. Everyone was shocked. I couldn't tear my eyes from the women though. She looked heartbroken, it was as if her world had ended. She slowly removed her hands from his grip.

"Esther, this is my wife Laura. And that is your half sister Cera."

I didn't say anything, I couldn't. I didn't even know how to react. I just watched them. Watched as Laura's world fell apart and as Cera turned into Antonio crying. 

Antonio.

It was like he was numb. He just held Cera as if his life depended on it. As his grip tightened so did my heart. Even at this moment I could only focus on him. My eyes shifted to my fathers as I waited for him to continue. This was obviously tearing him apart as well, but I didn't care. He deserved every minute of pain he was going through right now.

It took him a couple more minutes as he tried to get his emotion in check. And then he confirmed my worst nightmare. 

"Esther, you're not human."

And even though I had already known what I was it still hurt. The monster inside would never allow me to forget. I desperately wished I didn't know what I was. I wish I didn't turn into the beast that wanted to tear everything in its path. 

"We're werewolves." He paused to look at me. I wasn't sure what he excepted. But a reaction would've probably been nice. 

He sighed as he continued. "--The reason I left your mom was because of that. Because as werewolves, we have mates. And your mother wasn't mine."

Mates.

"A wolfs mate is their other piece; their soulmate. I knew your mother wasn't for me but at the time I thought I had loved her. When I found Cera's mom I knew. Her scent, her touch--everything drew me to her."

I turned to look at Antonio. He was rigid, he couldn't even look at me. But I knew he was my mate.

And he had rejected me.

"I couldn't reject her. From the moment I saw her I knew that I loved her. It felt like I was dying just by being away from her. Every time I tried to distant myself I couldn't. I thought I could give her up, but I was wrong. So I gave your mother up."

I didn't want to hear anymore. I couldn't breathe, think, or even feel as I thought of when Antonio rejected me. Now I knew why I was dying inside; why it all hurts. He was made for me and yet he still hated me. 

My father continued, not aware of the turmoil I was going through; how much my heart ached already. 

"Esther, I'm sorry I left you, but I'm not sorry I left your mother--"

Then he asked me the one question I wished I never had to answer.

"--I have to know, what did she do to you?"

If only he knew how much of a monster she really was. How much she ruined me.

"We aren't the monsters parents warn their children about; she was." I looked him strict in his eyes as I said this. I wanted to watch him break more; to watch him find out how much he fucked up.

"She was a monster." I laughed as I felt my beast wake with an anger that scared even me. My mind became twisted as I remember the women who was suppose to take care of me.

"She gave me life, but she also took it away." My fist clenched so hard I felt my nails dig into my skin. I wanted to feel a different kind of pain then what I felt at that moment. 

And I wished so hard I could dump it all on my father, but I couldn't. I really wanted to break him, but if I told him what had happened to me he would never forgive himself. Even if he didn't love me. 

I got up as I watched him and his family. I couldn't help but think of how they were once happy. But I had runied them. 

My mother was once again right, I was cursed.

So I walked away.

Leaving them broken. 

Sorry it is so short! But I'M BACK!! Hoping I can get another udate by next Friday! Thanks for all the support, I really do appreciate you guys.