Chapter Eight

Sorry for the wait. Thanks so much for almost 3k votes and 65k reads! I love you guys!! Also updates will probably be really slow :/ I'm on my last year of high school and taking pretty much all college classes so I'm swamped. Please keep supporting me though!! Planning to have at least 30 chapters so bare with me! Sorry it's so short!! :c
Merci 💕

Chapter 8.

I was numb. 

This man, who was suppose to love me, left. 

He had rejected me.

And it was my fault. I had dreamed for too much; wished for something that I knew would never happen.

I was meant to be alone.

The amount of pain that I felt at that one moment threatened to ruin me. I couldn't shake the annoying aching numbness that overcome me. 

I was drowning.

And I was okay with it.  

My self-conscious wanted me to break, wanted me to give up. 

"Be strong." It whispered. Maybe it was the strong powerful wave that persuaded me to do what I did next. But whatever it was, I knew it will later wreck me--and I didn't care.

So I ran after my father.

Minutes felt like hours as I tracked his fading footprint, making my way deeper into the woods.

I should've been scared.

I should've been smarter.

I should've turned back...

Because my father was a beast.

I watched from behind the tree as he morphed into something cruel, savage, and hungry. My father was a wolf.

I should've screamed, cried, run.

But I didn't....because I knew I was just as much a beast as he.

That must've been what provoked me to do the second most craziest thing in my life (nearly beating my undying stupid love for Antonio), I laughed. I laughed to the point where tears were running down my face, I couldn't tell you if they were happy tears or my soul being ripped away, but nonetheless my father growled at me.

He wanted me to submit. He, it was at that moment I realized I didn't know his name-- he didn't know my name. The thought provoked my next fit of laughter. I was an unknown little freak to him...his own personal mistake of a monster.

I pitied this man though. He hadn't meant to get my mother pregnant. She must've been the other women...the whore. The whore who threatened his perfect family, his perfect life. Maybe that's why he ran away from me. He didn't want me ruining him. Too bad he didn't realize how much he ruined me.

I was angry.

How can everyone hate me? How can they leave me...

It's not my fault.

I hate him. I hate him. I hate him.

My laughter became louder, more savage, and I became a beast. My thoughts turned wicked with anger. My teeth ached with the need to feel his flesh. I wanted to hurt him, kill him, ruin him. My thoughts scared me, but I knew they weren't mine...they were hers. I can't control her, she was too powerful. If this man wanted to live he had to kill me.

She had denied him.

She was angry.

And She wanted blood.

His body became tense as he watched me warily. He was scared...

"Kill me." I whispered with my last ounce of strength.

I wanted him to live.

I wanted him to end my pain. To be the one to end his mistake.

Kill me.

And as if he read my mind, he attacked.

His large paw lashed at me, throwing my frail body across the field.

I didn't fight back.

I enjoyed the pain when my back hit the tree, nearly snapping it in half. I enjoyed seeing my father's face contract in pain as realization hit him, and he howled with grief.

I enjoyed being cared for.

My head throbbed, my back ached--surely meaning my ribs were broken.

But I stilled smiled.

I smiled as I watched my father's savage form transform back into his human self.

He was crying.