Chapter Six

Hey guys so I'm determined to publish my book by the end of my senior year. it'll be great if i can get you guys opinion or anything. there are a lot of really great writers on here and I know i'm not even close to their levels but its a dream.

IMPORTANT

You didn't have to read the tidbits at the top but please read this! Some of y'all have been letting me know that I have the information wrong on the last chapter about the school calling and stuff- I know I have it wrong but can we just work with it for now. I promise when I go back and edit I'll fix it and make it more believable but for now I just think updating is good enough. once again THANKS SO MUCH FOR SUPPORTING ME SO FAR! don't forget to vote and comment.

thanks guys for supporting me this far!

Not edited.

Chapter Six.

I couldn't tell you whether it was the empty, shallow feeling in my soul or the eerie silver eyes that scared me more. Except, in all honestness- if that is even a word, I don't think I felt scared. At this point I didn't feel anything; almost like along with my soul my humanity became empty. But I did know that the women appearing on my mirror should've scared me. I should've backed up and released a scream but all I did was stand there and watch her once faded image became clear.

She was beautiful; her eyes had a shine I knew mine never would and her face glowed with a kind glimmer but yet a powerful aura radiated off her. She looked like an angel and somehow I found myself wishing she was my angel.

Child, do not be afraid.

Her voice was powerful. She spoke with authority that demanded to be followed. But yet I knew I could never be afraid of her. I trusted her, that was the scariest part.

"Who are you? W..Who am I?" I shuttered afraid that this angel will tell me exactly what I already knew; I was a monster.

You are the one which fate has cursed. The one you love shall save you...

"Save me from what?"

From yourself.

A heavy, loud bang broke me away from the reflection of the lady. But it wasn't until it was too late did I remember her last words:

Beware, the one you love can also kill you.

With a shaky hand I reached for the door only to recoil back in shock when I meet Antonio's piercing gaze.

"Esther" his voice came out airy almost as if he'd seen the most beautiful sight.

"What are you doing here" my eyes wondered up his form. His messy hair, heavy eye bags and beard indicating his lack of sleep.

"You..You, were where you?" he cleared his throat and just like that Antonio was back to being his cold self. What was I expecting?

"You're selfish." his anger washed over me in a cold wave. Maybe it was the fact that I felt like my entire life was a lie, or maybe it was because of the annoying nagging headache that proceed to drum into my brain but somehow I couldn't find it in myself to care. This man, who was my life, meant nothing to me. But I knew, felt, that he meant more than I knew. See, I couldn't find myself to care for him but at the same time I craved for him. My mind, soul, and body screamed for him and that's why I'm weak. The man who rejected me, was the man who had to save me.

"You never think about anyone's feelings! You probably did this for attention-" his scoffed before continuing.

"-Did you think people would go crazy for you? Your pathetic, no one wants you and no one will ever want you. God I wish you would just die." and the moment those words left his mouth my world stopped. Just like that the sweet emptiness that once gave me strength faded allowing an overwhelming amount of sorrow to knock me back into reality.

the man who is suppose to save me will be the one to kill me.

And that was my fate.

"Esther, I didn't mean that." and for the first time he almost apologized. But the thing is he meant it. He wanted me gone.

I wanted to disappear. If only I could close my eyes and never have to wake up, never have to deal with life. Just to be free. But I knew fate wasn't as generous; I knew that no matter what I was always meant to suffer. And I've had enough.

"The thing is Antonio, you meant it. You beat me, humiliate me, psychically and emotional hurt me. But I somehow still love you. I love you and you don't. You hate me and I can't blame you. I've had enough; I don't want to wake up in the morning dreading the second I see you and yet can't stand the distance between us. Every hit feels like a scorching wave of disappointment. Maybe it's because every time I think you've changed, that you'll for once show me a sliver of kindness-" I sucked in a sharp breathe as a sob threatened to tear my last remaining strength.

"Esther-" he whispered

"No. You make me weak and I hate you for that. And I hate myself. I hate myself so much-" I sobbed. "I fight this battle with myself. My body and mind have given up. I'm weak. I can't eat, I can't sleep. But my heart keeps pushing me to get up, to move on. I can't do it anymore. I'm broken." my body crumpled to the floor and he just watched. He watched me break and he didn't do anything.

And then, he walked away.

That's what hurts the most.

I've never felt weaker than this moment. Antonio didn't just watch me break, he was the one who broke me and he was never going to fix me. He left me in pieces because he knew he can, he was strong and I was...Esther.

Maybe everything was my fault. I should've known that Antonio will never change. He will never love me. I was too naive to dream of having a man who bathe and thrived in power to even think of loving someone like me.

I must've sat there, crying, for over an hour. And just like Antonio my neighbors didn't seem to care as they waltzed into their home, happy. I felt truly and utterly alone. Willing myself to get up I picked up the phone to fix the mess my "short nap" made.

Days passed as I found myself back at school confronting the Principle, who just happened to be Antonio's dad.

'Like father like son' I thought as I stared at Mr. Marino. They both shared intense blue eyes and an aura of power, even though it was clear Mr. Marino held more- he was stronger. He almost scared me. If it hadn't been for the fact that my humanity seemed to turn off with the last tear that escaped I would've been shaking; I would've been Esther, the weak little girl. But I wasn't; right now I was the monster that I stared at in the mirror yesterday- even though my eyes were normal at the moment I felt it. It was powerful, It was strong and It wasn't scared of Mr. Marino-It was obviously very dumb and very cocky.

"We don't condemn the behavior you have been presenting. Skipping school for more than a month. I'm this close-" he paused to squint his thumb and pointer fingers together, so close they were basically touching. "to expelling you." His thick Italian accent was sharp cold and his body tense, it was almost like he considered me a threat.

"I apologize Mr. Marino but I've been sick lately and couldn't make it in." It wasn't like I had lied; I was sick. " It'll never happen again." I was hoping I came off as honest but I knew my emotionless voice didn't help sell it.

His eyes narrowed as he took me in. My brown hair was thrown into a bun and my thick nerdy glasses managed to hide my dead eyes. But he still managed to see right through me, he knew. He saw past the smile I plastered on my face and the short laugh I released to weaken the tension. And he asked the one question that threatened to tear the little bit of humanity I had left.

"What are you?"

So I chuckled and pretended like he was joking. When really I wanted to ask him the same exact question. I knew the people in this town weren't right, they had an aura that screamed monster. And I felt relieve, to know I wasn't the only monster in town.

We weren't human, and it was almost okay.