Chapter Three.

- I know the beginning is super lame but it gets better! And whenever she's thinking something it should be on ITALICS I will edit as soon as possible, just really wanted to post. Thanks for the wait!

Not edited.

The buzzing of my alarm clock woke me up with a startled gasp. Swinging my legs to the side I released a strangled groan.

School.

Dragging my legs to my closet I threw on a white summer dress and did a quick bun. I wasn't dressing to impress, who would want to befriend the humiliated new girl anyway?

Quickly running to my car I noticed the dark clouds threatening to unleash the unforgiving rain. I remembered reading a book about how it rain to cleanse all the sin of the day, all the bad stuff that has happened. Shaking my head I couldn't help but wonder if my sins were ever going to be cleansed. Sighing I let the thought drift to the back of my head as I looked for a parking spot.

Today was going to be a shitty day.

Opening the door I made my way inside the building trying to find my first hour. My search was ended at a sudden stand-hold as I collided with a strong body. Looking up I meet Antonio's harsh glare.

"Where do you think your going?" Antonio's voice barked at me demanding my attention.

"I don't care about you." I mumbled confidently, trying to move past his broad shoulders.

His hands drew back and in a sudden movement flew forward as he hit me making my head snap the other way as I stumbled back into the locker. Closing my eyes I let out a pained gasp, my once dry eyes watered as my cheek started to throb.

One.

"You are nothing," he spat

Two.

"No one will ever love you." he finished.

Three.

No one will ever love you. No one. Without looking at him I pushed myself off the dented locker ignoring the taunts and giggles as I did what I do best. Run. I run past the double doors making my way toward the woods welcoming the burning feel of my lungs protesting the sudden excrise. But I didn't care, I needed to get away. I had to get way. Nothing mattered, not the stupid bushes that probed my arm like a surgical tool, not the clapping of thunder or the harsh wind. I almost felt free, as my loose bun unraveled releasing my dull brown hair into the air as it danced around me. My eyes squinted as I struggled to see pass the blur, but that didn't matter to me either. Taking a sharp left I pushed my legs to go farther into the hunting woods. Trees started to thin as I reached a rocky path; looking up my eyes were met with a cliff.

'Just do it. No one will ever notice.' my soul whispered. Shaking my head I back away from the cliff, this was not how I wanted to go. I pictured all the possibilities of the future, I can be happy.

'No one will ever love you.' Antonio's words ranged in my head like an old record player. And that's when I realized: he was right. No one knows me. I have no one.

One step closer.

My mom is gone. My dad is nowhere.

Another step closer.

Antonio...

Another step.

He will never love me.

One step.

I only needed one more step until it was over. Until I was free. Looking down I noticed for the first time the raging water underneath me. It looked so dark, so empty, but yet so comforting. It was almost like the waters were calling for me. Closing my eyes I sent a short prayer to God to forgive me. Taking a deep breathe in I prepared myself for that last step, this was it.

" Esther! " my eyes snapped open as I slowly turned around to face the person interrupting me. Antonio. I should have known it was him, no one else would come; or maybe this was a trick, an illusion. I smiled slightly as I noticed how his frantic eyes searched mine. What was he looking for?

"Esther, step away from the damn cliff." His voiced harden as he took a hesitant step towards me.

"No. I, I'm done." I whispered back just loud enough for him to hear.

"Listen to me. I'm ordering you to step away right now." He demanded as he eyes started to widen in panic. What was he scared of?

"Antonio, what's your biggest fear?" I breathed hoping the wind swept the words away.

His eyes darken before answering me, "I fear nothing."

"What is your biggest regret?" The words flew from my mouth with no restrain.

"I regret nothing." He once again answered darkly.

"Not even killing me?" I whispered one last time. And for once his eyes soften into a sorrowful look.

Hey guys! Just gonna leave a little suspension 😉
Thanks so much for all the votes and love! Hopefully it was longer??