Chapter Nine

Sorry for the looooonnnnnnng break. It took me forever to get this up and going. I honestly almost gave up on this book, but so many of you left positive comments I had to just keep swimming. I really want to go back and edit the first couple chapters because I personally feel as if they suck. But I decided to wait off on that and edit it as well as slow down the drama when/if I ever get HRK published.

Thanks so much for the patience and being awesome fans!!!
Also thanks for almost 100k reads and 4k votes!! ❤❤❤❤❤

× Not edited.

Chapter Nine.

Everything was dark.

I don't know what I was expecting to see.

A God that had long since abandon me, or a mother who had hated me.

It didn't matter though, I enjoyed the dark silence.

I enjoyed knowing that even in my death I was meant to be alone.

The pain that surrounded the darkness filled my soul. I was mad, frustrated and lonely. I desperately wanted to see someone--anyone. I wanted to know there was an afterlife. Where people were never alone.

But even in the darkness I still felt Her. She was my reminder that I was never truly alone. She was always there--even when I didn't want her to be.

She was mad at me. Mad that I was weak.

Her anger brought me pain. Unimaginable, aching pain.

It had my skin crawling to get away from myself. My blood ran dry with anticipation. I could feel my body form itself into a fetal position. She was hurting me.

And I couldn't do anything about it.

She wanted his blood, and I had refused her. He was my father. I told myself it didn't matter that he never--or will ever, want me. I had to protect him.

But it did matter.

I was a fool. I couldn't lie to myself. Now that I had family I wanted it. I wanted to wake up and see him still there. Worried about me. I wanted to see him cry and beg for my forgiveness.

And I would refuse him.

I would refuse him for my mother. For every time her soul ripped to the point where she was just hollow. I would refuse him for me--because he made me a beast.

And possibly that's when I would allow my inner demon to kill him. Because I knew, as much as she did, that was the only way I would have my peace. The only way I would ever forgive him or my pathetic mother.

But that would never happen...

Because when my aching body awaken from its death; he was gone. Gone like the wind that savagely blew the rest of my soul.

He hadn't cared.

His tears weren't for me. They never were.

It was silent.

Not even the birds chirped as I rolled myself into sitting position. I was no longer me--my father had made me just as hollow as he had made my mother. And I hated him for that.

I should've killed him.

I had protect him. Cared for him. And he had left me here to rot. He never cared about my wellbeing. How could he? I was nothing to him.

My body shook as I laughed. I couldn't find it in me to cry. There was no point anymore.

"Take over."

My broken whisper bounced off trees and she took over.

Her power and dominace itched my skin; her anger made me crumble and her voice shook my core. She was royalty--and I was her vessel.

And perhaps if I was as strong as her I wouldn't be so broken. I would've been royal. But instead, I was nothing.

I could feel myself change. I was no longer the broken girl who craved attention. I was no longer Esther.

She had made me into something else.

A monster.

My bones cracked and mangled itself into a deformed shape. My back arched from the pressure before finally snapping in half. My nails grew to the length of claws and my hair covered my body as I tranfromed into an beast.

I knew what I was.

My father had made me a monster in more ways than I ever thought.

And this monster was going to kill him.

With one last burst of pain I leaped into the abyss forest. My feet became four as my paws pounded agaisnt the damped floor. A howl broke free as I tore stubs of trees that stood in my way. She was blood thristy and I couldn't hold her back.

My sense of smell increased by the second as I picked up the scent of my blood on him.

Disgusting.

He couldn't even wash off his guilt. He had gone home to his perfect family witht he scent of his bastard child.

She shifted us back into my human form as we stalked along the side of the woods. I could see him, hear him, and smell him. She took calulating steps outside of the coverage we had behind the tress and made her way to the door.

Press the button.

Ding dong.

And there stood Antonio--along with his perfect girlfriend.

Shock.

Thats probably what he felt at the moment--no. I knew thats what he felt because I could feel it radiating off him. I enjoyed his shock. I enjoyed knowing what he felt--because he couldn't feel me.

Esther was no longer here.

And so I smirked.

Never even considering why he was at my fathers house--why they were both there.