Chapter Five Part II

didn't update in so long cause I felt like chapter 5 was a disappointment like im so ashamed of that chapter. I was expecting at least 100 likes but only got 75😭 so sorry guys for a crappy chapter

decided that we need a new esther! let me know if you have someone in mind! also in class writing this right now

Chapter Five Part II

It was a cold rainy night when I first heard it; a heart crunching scream filled with so much sorrow my heart broke. That was the day I saw my mother break. My stone cold mother who raised me to believe she didn't care, and perhaps that's was her goal all along. I don't know if her intentions were ever to plant the seed of hate in me but somehow I found myself loathing her in a way, and it wasn't until I found this broken girl in the bathroom that I realized: she was lonely.

The girl, whose name is Ivory, soon stopped crying only to go into a fit of anger. And I couldn't help but question myself: 'is sadness made up on anger?'. I knew I was sad, but was I ever anger? Was I mad at Antonio? The moment the thought crossed my mind a sharp almost numbing feeling passed through me. And I knew my answer will always be no. Because somehow I had let a man who didn't know me control my life. I had let him soak into every pore and inch of my body; I woke up thinking about him and went to bed dreaming about him. How could I possibly care about a man who abuses me?

"Because you're weak" my mind whispered.

And no matter how much I wanted to comfort the strange girl screaming in the bathroom I couldn't bear it. Maybe because unlike me she still had a soul. My whole being didn't belong to me anymore, maybe it never truly did. With that thought I turned to the door and walked out. I left the girl with a soul and I pitied myself.

I couldn't even find an ouch of strength to worry about Ivory shouting my name or the people stopping to stare at me as I passed the hallways. My mind was set on getting the hell out of there and for the first time in a long while I didn't cry. It possibly had to do with the fact that I was numb and in a way I was becoming like my mother.

The world seemed to continue to hate me as I somehow found myself stumbling into Antonio. And like always he had his perfect girlfriend right by his side; he succeed in breaking my heart even without trying. Looking into his eyes I found him already glaring at me.

Why does this man hurt me so much?

He smirked, almost like he can sense my pain, and he was enjoying it.

I can't do this anymore.

And like he read my mind his smirked faded. His eyes widen slightly as I turned around and walked away from him. He never stopped me though, he just watched me walk away. That was the only kind gesture he showed me.

The moment I had gotten home I locked myself in my room. I had no urge to eat or sleep. All I did was sit in the corner of my room, numb. I couldn't find it in myself to even worry about the time; minutes went by, hours soon followed and before I knew it my alarm clock rang. But I made no move to turn it off. I just sat there. I wanted to go into a fit of rage like Ivory; I waited for the anger but all I received was emptiness. And maybe it was the emptiness that broke the last strand of my sanity.

I was happy. No, I wasn't happy- I was free. Free from my feelings of Antonio, of my hatred for my mother, from the hope of finding love. I didn't care anymore. And with that thought I passed out.

When I woke up I felt nothing, and to me that was a blessing. The tight cramping of my stomach forced me to finally get up to grab food. On my way to the kitchen I noticed my telephone answering machine was blinking.

"You have 30 new voicemails" the ladys stoic programmed voice stated.

I almost felt shocked, surprised, irritated- to be honest I don't know what to feel when Antonio's voice rang through,

"Esther, I got your number from the records. Why aren't you at school?"

"Esther it's been 2 days. Where are you?"

"I came over but no one answered."

"God...Esther..." and he broke off a almost like he was the broken one. That was his last message.

"Hello. Esther DeFranco, this is child services, we have been informed you have not been attending school for the past two week. Get back to us."

"Hello. This is child services again, it's been 3 days since we've call. We're going to send someone to check on you."

"Hello. This is child services, we were informed that no one answered the door. Please get back to us."

The rest of was from school calling to inform me of skipped days.

I've been asleep for a month...

But that wasn't what scared me the most. It was the fact that my eyes glowed an eery silver, almost white. And I was forced to question, what am I?