Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Alexandria was there in the mirror but I couldn’t make out much. I could see more of where she was than I could see her. If this would be all I would get to see of her then we wouldn’t learn much.

“Can you make it go in closer? I can barely see her or where she is,” I asked Erik as I stared at the miniature version of Alexandria in the mirror. Erik nodded and moments later the image in the mirror got bigger, zooming into Alexandria. I could now see her purple eyes clearly and make out details in her surroundings.

I frowned; I didn’t recognize where Alexandria was. She was walking down an abandoned street. There was no one driving, no one walking, except for Alexandria, of course. There weren’t many stores in the part of the city that she was in and the ones that were around were closed and locked up. There didn’t seem to be a reason for Alexandria to be there. No reason that I could see.

Alexandria bit her lip as she peered into dark alleys. She pulled her phone out of her white jacket pocket and the screen lit up. She sighed when she saw there were no new messages. It was obvious she was waiting for something, or someone. She kept walking. Erik groaned, he didn’t think anything important was going to happen.

“Maybe we should try this another time? It doesn’t look like she’s doing anything interesting. Just taking a walk, in a very boring place,” he said. I shook my head. I had a feeling something was going to happen.

“No, just wait a moment,” I told him. He rolled his eyes and exchanged annoyed looks with Liz. I saw Liz shrug out of the corner of my eyes. She thought waiting wasn’t worth it either.

“How much longer is this going to take? Keeping an image on the mirror takes energy. I’m going to get tired soon.” I sighed and nodded.

“Fine, let’s try it some other time,” I replied ignoring the feeling that I should wait. Erik smiled and lifted his hand to make the image go away. I glanced at the mirror one last time and then grabbed Erik’s wrist to stop him. Alexandria wasn’t alone anymore. Erik froze and put his hand down as he leaned in intently to see. Even Liz wasn’t acting disinterested anymore.

My eyes narrowed as I spotted the person walking towards Alexandria. His blond hair was looked to be exactly the way he wanted it even though it was very windy. His silver eyes looked amused as they took in Alexandria. He smirked at her and she rolled her eyes. What was he doing here?

“Don’t. You know the reason we’re meeting,” Alexandria said getting straight to the point. Gabriel laughed but didn’t say anything. He wasn’t wearing a jacket; he was only wearing a t-shirt and some dark jeans. Don’t even try and act normal, I thought critically. “So what do you know?”

“You called me here, remember?” Gabriel said. My hands clenched into fists. Why was Alexandria meeting here with Gabriel of all people? She probably could have asked anyone to help her. “Since I’m doing you a favour I think I should be recompensed.” Alexandria shook her head sadly as she looked into his eyes. There wasn’t much space between them. I was worried out what payment he’d get.

“Oh Gabriel, whatever has happened to you? You used to be so willing to help me. Anything I asked, you’d be the first to offer your services. Now you’re asking for your payment in advance. You’ve changed, and I think I liked the old Gabriel better,” Alexandria laughed. Gabriel glared at her and then smiled, his fangs showing, a barely concealed threat. Alexandria sighed. She wasn’t worried, she was confident that she could take care of herself.

“Make fun of me all you want, but now I’m not giving you the information you want. You’re going to have to learn how to deal with your problems by yourself. I must say I’m curious to see how you will get by without others giving you information. Never ask anything of me again,” Gabriel said angrily. He spun around quickly as soon was near the end of the block.