Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Needless to say my family were angry at us for going and doing this by ourselves. Erik still hadn’t woken up, despite all the things that were tried to revive him.

My family had gotten home late that night and upon hearing about Erik had started doing everything in their power to get him the help he needs. They contacted doctors, witches, but nothing worked.

They sent a message to his father but there was no way to confirm he had received it. Again, all we could do was wait until he decided to show up. I wasn’t looking forward to facing his anger for letting his son do a dangerous spell for me.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes before looking over at Erik again. I was in his room just sitting beside his bed. It didn’t really look like his room anymore, not with all the hospital looking equipment in the room now. There were IVs and other things sticking out of his arms. All proof of what I had brought about.

“Did you get any sleep?” Liz asked. She was leaning against the door looking solemn and worried. This was affecting her too but she had accepted that for the moment there was nothing we could do. I shrugged. “He wouldn’t want you to be like this. He’ll be making fun of you when he wakes up.”

I laughed. “As long as he wakes up,” I told her.

The small smile on her face disappeared. “Of course, he’s going to wake up. We just have to be patient.” Then seeing my expression she rolled her eyes. “Or…we can go around looking for a solution ourselves.” I shook my head, she knew me well. She brushed her auburn bangs out of her eyes and nodded to the door. “Get some sleep and we’ll start after.”

“No,” I began but her look silenced my protests. I stood up and stretched then went to my room like she said. I would go to my room but there was no way she could make me sleep.

I got on the bed, intending to just read or something. I took a book off my nightstand and flipped to the spot marked with a bookmark. I began to read as I yawned. I slowly drifted asleep and found myself in another of my vivid dreams.

                                                                             ~

Damn, I thought I had stopped having those. What to do this time? Stand around and wait or just walk? I don’t know what to make of these dreams. They felt too real to be dreams but then if they were actual events why was I getting them?

There was nothing near me. There were no trees, or vegetation of any kind. There was dirt under my feet but there was no indication that anyone else had been here before.

I didn’t have to do anything in the end. The barren surroundings disappeared and I was in a massive room filled with people. I was standing in the middle of the room with a circle of people around me. No, I realized. I technically wasn’t here. They were circled around Alexandria.

She actually looked scared. Her purple eyes were worried. Whatever was happening here was not good. She nervously played with her long wavy hair. Upon closer inspection I could see her hands shaking slightly.

“You know the consequences of your actions,” an old man said sternly he was facing Alexandria and I took that to mean that he was more important than the others in the circle. I recognized Alexandria’s mysterious friend Nicole and from another of my dreams the man Nicole had spoken to. I had no idea who the others were.

“I know the consequences but that’s when you’re actually guilty,” Alexandria protested. “This isn’t my fault. He found out by himself,” she tried to explain. Tears of frustration appeared in her eyes when the man shook his head disbelievingly.