23

Spinning around, Fleurette laughed happily, Meg was already laughing but she laughed even more when they attempted to walk in a straight line. It was a near impossible task considering they were both heavily dizzy. Much like herself, Meg had managed to find something else to change into. She stood trying to stop her head from swimming in a sparkled red dress, it stopped about mid-thigh and just stopping below her knees were boots.

"Oh, wow," Meg shook her head slowly and opened her eyes to look at Fleurette. She was being propped up by Squelch, he just happened to be nearby when Fleurette failed to catch her balance properly.

"Anyone would think you two are drunk." Squelch commented while helping put Fleurette straight. Any people who were visiting the island this evening thought they were just another group of street performers.

"Dizzy, just dizzy." Fleurette smiled and yelped when Meg clutched onto her hand and dragged her down the street. Fleurette ducked out of the way of someone twirling fire only to turn and watch with interest. Meg jumped by her side and watched with marvel filled eyes too. Both females winced and put their hands over their eyes when the man took to eating the burning rod, peeking through their fingers they grinned and clapped. The rod steamed in the man's hands, he bowed and walked off. "I'm glad we decided to do this." Fleurette said when they walked past some vendors.

Meg glanced at her and slowed her pace. They were away from the main noise of the island. "I'm glad too. I have to admit I couldn't picture saying farewell to you in that building." Meg said simply while leaning against the railing. She had led them to a small pier, Fleurette looked from her friend to the lights of the island which were brightly shining in the night. "It can be so oppressive, out here it's much freer!" She held her hands out and up into the air. "This is what you're going to miss while you're away, and when you return we shall come back out and you can reacquaint yourself with everything." Meg put her hands on the railing and leaned backwards. Fleurette smiled and looked to the glistening water, it was shadowed and dark but the surrounding lights reflected on the surface. "Come," Meg tapped her on the shoulder, Fleurette tore her attention away from their surroundings to her. She walked slowly after Meg, the two of them were soon swamped in the crowds of performers and visitors.

Hearing an excited noise, Fleurette looked to Meg who looked happily up at a dancing and acrobatic performance on a small stage which was roughly built up on the street. Around them there were gasps when one of the performers flipped into the air and got easily caught by their friend.

"Are you having fun?" A voice simply asked from behind her. Fleurette tensed and looked slowly over her shoulder. She smiled slowly and fully turned to look up at Erik. It seemed much like everyone else, he had jumped onto the band wagon of changing his clothes. His usual tail coat was replaced with a black frock coat, the tails of which seemed longer than usual. His hands were in his pockets, and where his coat wasn't done up, she could see the dark red and black patterned waistcoat over top his white shirt, a simple black tie was tucked under his collar.

Fleurette reached out and wrapped her arms around his waist. Shutting her, eyes she sighed slowly, she smiled and tightened her grip on him as if he was going to suddenly disappear. She mentally thanked Erik for having the skills of just suddenly appearing. Why he didn't just come out with the rest of them she didn't know, she wasn't going to question it, she was just glad he was here. Meg had turned to say something to Fleurette only to notice that her attention had be stolen away.

She narrowed her eyes at the two of them before smiling and shooing them away with her hands. "Get out of this crowd," she said over all the noise, Fleurette looked at her confused while being gently tugged backwards. "See you in a bit, yes?"

"Of course!" Fleurette exclaimed and dodged out of the way of a milling group of people. Erik had a rather tight hold on her hand, it was clear he wasn't going to let her go any time soon, not until they had got to a place less crowded.