07

Walking through the corridors silently gave way to an eerie feeling. Erik looked in every room he passed and frowned. Fleurette had gone exploring. Although she was in possession of a photographic memory and literally couldn't forget a route she'd taken, he still would like to know where she was. He knew that she partially did a disappearing act to hide from Meg, she'd ran around trying to find the missing redhead earlier on. When her search ended in failure she had hunted him out and questioned him on Fleurette's whereabouts.

Hearing a humming noise followed by scratching, Erik doubled back and pushed open a door. The door didn't work with his usual secretive disposition, the door in fact gave out a huge protest and squeaked and groaned along the ground and against its hinges. Any thoughts of sneaking in without being noticed were soon lost. Fleurette looked over in his direction, straightening out her legs, she laid her book down on her lap. Twiddling the pen in her fingers, she watched him walk over to where she was sitting on the window seat.

Tapping her legs, Erik sat down when she moved, shutting her book she tucked her legs underneath herself and smiled. "Did Meg send you to look for me?"

"Yes, however could you tell?"

"I heard her run around, she ran past this room actually. She tried the door but couldn't push it open." Fleurette shot a look to the door, even she had a tough task in opening it. But because of its trickiness, Fleurette was rather sure she'd be safe in peace and quiet in here.

Erik nodded at this, "Are you hiding from her?"

"Maybe."

"That's not very polite, is it?" Fleurette shot a look at him before drumming her pen on her book. "Are you writing another letter to Eleanor?"

She shook her head and leaned back against the wall. Shutting her eyes, the two sat in silence. After a few seconds of silence, Fleurette opened her eyes and looked out of the window. "I don't know why though, it's not like I can send them off is it?" She smiled slowly at this.

"At least she'll have a lot of reading to do when they all arrive." Erik pointed out, Fleurette laughed quietly at this and nodded. "Meg asked me to help you both."

"Seriously?"

"She seemed very serious."

"Great."

"No need to be sarcastic." Erik smiled lightly, Fleurette crossed her arms and looked at him. "What was it you said previously?" He paused and looked up at the ceiling thoughtfully. "Oh, yes, that's right; is there likely to be trouble in the ranks because Meg and I don't see eye to eye. I think we may have proved you sort of wrong, no?"

"You're gloating, Erik."

"I'm well aware." He nodded and looked at her. "So, come on, Fleurette, stop moping and stand up."

"You were gloating, now you're bossing me around. How can this get any better?" Fleurette questioned yet stood up anyway. Putting her book and pen on the window seat, she straightened out her skirt and looked at him cross armed.

Erik could already tell that singing lessons weren't going to be simple, especially if his student at the moment was a stubborn minded young woman. He also knew that Fleurette would most likely try everything to get out of learning to sing. Regardless of the fact that learning to sing while dancing could further her career.

Fleurette stood tapping her foot lightly against the wooden flooring. Erik let out a slow sigh, this was going to be tricky. Fleurette smiled and looked up at him, frowning lightly, he reached out and uncrossed her arms. She ended up entwining her hands together in front of her. Erik walked around and put his hands on her shoulders, straightening her posture out, he walked back around to stand in front of her.