01

The streets were even busier here than they were back in France. Sitting on her suitcase, Fleurette leaned her head against her hand and overlooked the hustle and bustle in front of her. Just moments ago she had to run from the ship which had carried her over. Rolling her eyes, Fleurette should have known that the way off of the ship would be harder than getting on. Much harder, especially considering it was day over here. There were no shadows to hide in.

Luckily for her, she had her dancer's agility to run and leap out of the way of people. The rather unsavoury looking men who were chasing her however, didn't. They in fact tripped and fell over, one even barged right into someone and the two of them almost fell into the murky waters of the harbour. Fleurette laughed at this, shortly before bumping into someone and then diverting down into an alleyway.

Her current hiding place was a good hiding place, it was dark and the people who walked by didn't notice her. Perhaps sitting with her dark cloak hood up was helping her blend in with the surroundings. Whatever the reason for currently being invisible in a seemingly hectic harbour street, Fleurette was on her own. This sudden loneliness was scaring her. She kept her eyes skimming over the people who left the ship, from the frontal entrance, all the passengers were people she didn't know.

They all seemed to have a much pleasant exit than she did. Most people pointed at the tall buildings surrounding them and marvelled over nearly everything. Sure, Fleurette would have done the same if she wasn't running from an angry sailor who had just discovered a stowaway. Pushing her hood off of her head, she leaned her head against her crossed arms once she placed them against her knees which she'd quickly pulled to her chest.

If Eleanor was to know what was happening right now, Fleurette was sure she'd have a heart attack. Perhaps in her first letter home she would miss out the slightly dramatic arrival to America which she had just had. Thinking that the people who were previously running after her had long since given up, she stood up slowly. Brushing herself down, she picked up her suitcase and turned out of the alley and had to battle through some headstrong walkers. Only because they had their destination set in mind didn't mean she did. Fleurette didn't want to get swept up with them walking to lord knows where.

Stopping near the run way, after battling through the busy street, Fleurette rocked on her heels. Her eyes never left the run way, her eyes were glued to the passengers leaving the ship. Looking over her shoulder her eyes narrowed, she was assessing where they could be if they weren't on board anymore. Taking a step back, Fleurette tentatively walked back to where she had burst from the rear exit. Hearing idle laughter, she looked hesitantly around and raised an eyebrow.

Meg stood laughing and chatting naturally with someone, a few paces away her mother stood with her back to them. Shaking her head, Fleurette took a step forward and walked quietly up to Madame Giry. "What do we do now?" Fleurette questioned, Giry jumped and turned to look at her. She smiled, she was a little proud with herself for making the older woman jump.

"Well, we can stop looking for you."

"Well no one told me I was likely to be found." Fleurette defended herself.

"You trespassed onto a ship, and you honestly thought you'd be able to get off easily?" Giry posed the question in an odd tone which Fleurette couldn't pin down. Watching her cross her arms tightly over her chest, Fleurette frowned, she couldn't quite understand why Giry was getting so defensive. Taking a step away from her, Fleurette took to exploring the quieter area surrounding her. It wasn't so busy, the only people milling around were workers and a few passengers from the ship who seemed to have a destination somewhere down this street.

"I really wouldn't, if I were you."

"I can't explore yet?"

"No." Feeling a hand on her shoulder, Fleurette got gently pulled into an alleyway, looking around she frowned. She honestly didn't want to stand and hide in anymore alleys today.