08

"Well, at least it's not the same park."

"How nice of you to notice," Meg smiled. "No, I browsed around and decided this area is much better."

"It's a lot more open ground isn't it?"

"Indeed."

"It's a lot less claustrophobic than that other park." Fleurette looked around and nodded approving seemingly of their temporary stage.

"You seem a lot more up for this, this time. What happened?"

"I accepted that this was going to happen regardless. Me being awkward wasn't helping matters." Pausing, she looked at her friend, "Sometimes people have to do things they don't like to achieve or gain things in life." Shrugging, Fleurette smiled lightly.

"Good words." Meg nodded and placed the small cap down. The two of them took a few steps back before looking at each other quickly before commencing dancing.

Of course like last time, seeing something which wasn't usually in the surroundings of a park, people walked over and paid attention. As soon as they both started singing in harmony however that seemed to catch even more people's attention. The people in this park seemed a lot more up for their little performance act than the people in the previous park. By the end of it, Meg and Fleurette grinned into the cap. No miserable change in there this time, picking up a note, Meg turned it in the light. It wasn't alone in there, several other notes laid in the cap too.

Meg let out a happy sound and threw her arms around Fleurette's shoulders. "We did it, Fleur! We did it once we can do it again, right?"

Managing to wriggle free, Fleurette nodded slowly and smiled. "Of course we can!"

"Fleurette?" A voice questioned.

Meg and Fleurette stopped celebrating and looked to a confused woman. "Elsie?" Fleurette stepped forward. "Hello." Smiling Fleurette looked Elsie up and down, her smile dropped though when Elsie narrowed her eyes in her direction.

"What are you doing out here? Doing street performances? What about the theatre?"

"She may still be there if you lot didn't steal her things." Meg sung lightly while rolling the notes up and pocketing them quickly. The loose change got put into a little pouch and pocketed too.

Elsie narrowed her eyes at Meg, "Stolen? Your things got stolen and that is why you did not return?" She asked disbelievingly. "Could you not have confronted Jerry about this matter?" Narrowing her eyes, Elsie watched as Meg took to jumping up onto a little brick wall and walking along it with her arms stretched out for balance.

"It's not the fact that they got stolen." Fleurette shook her head. "It's the fact that if it's happened once, it'll happen again." Elsie narrowed her eyes at Fleurette this time, obviously not wholly agreeing with her.

"So, you've gone from a steady job to this?" Elsie asked in a dry tone and waved a hand at the park. She shook her head, "What a fall."

"Actually it's quite fun, you should give it a go! It may loosen you up a bit." Meg popped up at Fleurette's side and smiled. "She's not going back. It's evident, no? Come on, Fleur, let's go back and show mother our earnings!" Meg exclaimed happily, clutching onto Fleurette's arm she pulled her away.

"I'm sorry!" Fleurette exclaimed over her shoulder, Elsie shook her head and walked away, she didn't even spare a look in Fleurette's direction. In fact she point blank ignored her, and the fact that she even called out to her.

"Get over that woman already!" Meg laid on her stomach and leaned her head in her hands. "But look at our money, we're doing good!" Meg had laid out all the money they had so far. When put all together it did look like they had got quite a bit.