11

Eyes opened and stared into darkness, Fleurette stared across the space, there may be candles flickering to light a rough path but these candles were slowly burning down. Pushing herself up, she pulled her knees to her chest and leaned her chin against her knees. "You were never a substitute, I am sorry though if you felt like you were possibly being perceived as one." Fleurette opened her eyes again and looked around. Frowning lightly, she stood up from the bed and turned on her heels. She had partially got the skill of being able to find Erik, it was a skill which had really only just appeared, just at this point in time, she was failing to pinpoint him. "May I ask where these thoughts come from?"

Fleurette twiddled her fingers and looked at the ground. Tilting her head to the side, she frowned, "Well," she clapped her hands together and paused to think over her words. "I noticed how secretly happy you were when I got persuaded by Meg to join in with her little scheme. But there was something...whenever we had a lesson you'd look distant, like you were thinking of something else. I shall avoid saying someone, because in truth you could have just been daydreaming and I'm looking too into things, which may be likely, anyway."

"I suppose your suspicions are founded to some extent." Erik said slowly and thoughtfully, Fleurette's shoulders sagged and she sat back down on the edge of the bed. "It is true that her voice was perhaps one of a kind. But listen," he said the last two words sharply as Fleurette seemed to shoot a look up to the darkness which he was hiding in. She wasn't glaring in the right direction, but that didn't really matter, Erik could tell she was partially annoyed. "This is important, I was not looking to replace her with you. Perhaps it was more the other way round?" He mused.

Fleurette perked up, "Sorry?"

Erik looked in her direction a little deadpanned. Frowning lightly and resisting the urge to slap his hand against his forehead, which was a trait which always seemed to present itself when Eleanor was around, he put his hands together instead and steepled his fingers. "You are everything, she is not." Erik stated distantly, but truthfully.

Looking up, he watched as Fleurette darted around trying to find him. Stepping forwards from his hiding place, caused Fleurette to skid to a halt. Turning in his direction she walked forwards slowly. Erik just stood there and took a step backwards when Fleurette had ran in his direction and flung her arms around his neck. "I'm sorry for being paranoid." Fleurette said while tightening her grip and burying her face in the crook of his neck.

"But as I said, your suspicions were founded to some extent." Erik stated. "Just, maybe they needed to be reversed?" Fleurette just nodded and stayed clinging to him. Leaning his head against hers, Erik looked around slowly. Looking down when she had let go and stood with her arms still over his shoulders, he leaned down and leaned his forehead against hers.

"Erik?"

"Yes?"

Fleurette smiled slowly and took a step back. Entwining her hands together in front of herself she smiled up at him again. "I have it on good measure that you are a good tutor."

Erik smiled lightly and crossed his arms, shaking his head, he rolled his eyes down at her. "Really? Could have fooled me, the last student I had was forever running off and hiding."

Fleurette pouted and pointed a finger up at him. "Hey...that's not fair! Maybe if I didn't feel badgered into it I wouldn't have run off!"

Erik smiled, uncrossing his arms he reached out and put his hands on her shoulders. "Then may I ask; will you sing?"

"Well," Fleurette rolled her eyes and turned on her heels, Erik's hands dropped from her shoulders and he crossed his arms again. Smiling she looked over her shoulder, "Sure." Yet again Erik looked at her deadpanned, the casual way she answered caused him to look at her so. Fleurette laughed at his expression and rocked on her heels. "So, when do lessons start?"