09

The room which Erik and Fleurette inhabited was silent. The city beyond the windows was ever noisy but the two people in the room sat silently. Fleurette crossed her arms whereas Erik gave a sigh. "I don't like it."

"You don't like it because you had no say in it." Fleurette stated the obvious with a small smile. Erik frowned and narrowed his eyes ever so slightly. 

"As long as they serve a purpose, I guess they won't be an inconvenience." Fleurette rolled her eyes at his words. She could already tell the trio and Erik were going to clash. 

Nudging her shoulder against his, she smiled when he moved his arm and put it around her. "You never know," she looked up at him. "As hesitant as you are towards them. You never know, you may end up becoming the best of friends." She giggled as Erik narrowed his eyes down at her. 

"I do not foresee that happening."

"Tut, tut, Erik." Fleurette shook her head and stood up and away from the window seat they were sitting on. "You're so pessimistic." She smiled and started to try and make the chair look as comfortable as possible. She failed, there was nothing about the chair which was comfortable. It genuinely made an awful bed.

Sunlight slowly ebbed through the roughly made curtains, coating the room in a soft golden glow. Erik, strangely enough was the first to wake up. Keeping his eyes narrowly open, he watched as a face peeked around the door. When the door opened more and the face became recognisable as the male from last night, Erik sat up. He had fallen asleep on the window seat. He didn't remember going to sleep, but the seat did overlook the whole room.

Upon seeing him sit up the male flinched and disappeared. Fleurette stayed asleep, oblivious to the fact that she may have just acquired an admirer. As if things couldn't get worse, Erik wasn't completely against the odd trio. But he certainly was against one of them now. Fleurette fidgeted in the chair and actually ended up falling out of it. Erik blinked slowly and looked down at her, his attention was fixed on the door he hadn't realised she was stirring.

Slowly a rather confused face peeked out of the cover. Blowing some of her curls out of her face, she looked up. Erik had moved silently over to help her up. "Not the best way to wake up, hm?"
Fleurette ran a hand through her hair and nodded. "No...good morning though, Erik." She smiled regardless of her bewildered expression.

Being halfway through a lesson, both Erik and Fleurette looked up confused when Meg burst through the door. "Have you heard?!" She exclaimed while watching Fleurette sit down and shake her head, Erik remained indifferent. "We're finally moving!"

"What?" Fleurette said confused.

"The three people from last night, they have spoken about an abandoned building." At the mention of another abandoned building the two of them looked unamused. Meg shook her hands frantically. "No, no! Don't look like that! This place is different!" 

"Pray tell, how?" Erik asked.

Meg smiled and straightened up. Admittedly she seemed in quite good spirits, she certainly didn't seem to show any effects of the alcohol from the previous evening. "It isn't the building mother was looking at, by the way."

"Well obviously because she said that place was expensive, so it obviously wouldn't be abandoned." Fleurette stated quietly, Erik smiled slowly when her words got heard by Meg and Meg in return narrowed her eyes playfully in her direction.

"How did these people know of it?" Erik asked.

Meg blinked and seemed confused as to who to answer first. Oddly enough she chose to answer Erik first; "They sort of squatted in it."