12

Walking slowly down the corridors, Erik turned and sat down in one of the boxes which overlooked the stage. Just like last time, he had immediately got ownership over one. No one else was allowed in it other than himself. And of course Fleurette, because even if he tried to dissuade her, she'd still come in. He was busy in his own thoughts, he got pulled out of them though when there was a sharp whistle from the stage below. For the most part the building was poorly lit. There was only the smallest amount of lights illuminating the space. But there was enough from the dim orange glows of the lights to see the stage, the aisle, and some of the front row seats. The boxes and balcony, as far as Erik could see, where covered in shadows. Deep dark shadows that even he at this level had difficulty looking into and trying to pick things out from it.

"We should stop randomly meeting like this," Fleurette said coyly from the stage. Erik leaned against the polished brass railing in front of him. He rested his chin against his hand. "Brings back memories, no?"

"Are you becoming sentimental?"

"Perhaps." Fleurette answered quietly and looked to the floor. "I have a dress rehearsal tomorrow." She looked up at him. "Will you be there?"

"You needn't have asked." Erik answered while standing from his seat. The chair echoed loudly in the quiet space as it retracted and hit against the back.

"I feel like I should have to."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because I wanted confirmation that you'd be there." She smiled and wrapped her shawl more around herself. It dawned on him then that she had seemingly come out looking for him. After writing her letter to Eleanor, Erik had soon realised that like most times, Fleurette had gone to sleep against his arm. It was an occurrence which happened so often that it almost became a routine. He had easily picked her up and placed her on the bed.

Seeing as how he wasn't tired, he decided to go for a walk and to look around his new home. Sure, he had explored already, but that never stopped him. Each time he walked the corridors he'd spot something he hadn't noticed before. It was the same back in Paris. There was always something new to see and to notice.

"I'll be down in a minute," Erik said while turning and walking past the small row of seats which surrounded him. It took him a matter of moments to walk down the corridor, down the stairs and through the door which led to the stage wings. Only when he got there, Fleurette had disappeared. Shaking his head slowly, he walked quietly onto the stage. "Is this not a little childish?" He questioned to the surrounding dark. In truth, he rather liked Fleurette's slightly childish streak. It was innocent and endearing.

"No," came the response, turning slowly he looked to the back screen. Which was just a huge sheet of black cotton material. Walking slowly forward he reached out and pressed his hand against it. There was a seam which ran down the centre, he pushed it aside and raised an eyebrow at the beam work he had previously touched.

Tilting his head to the side, he turned, it was clear that she had definitely spent a lot of time with him. Some may say, specifically Giry, that she spent too much time. It was clear in moments like this where she did disappearing acts, voice throwing, and overall showing traits of his that those comments were founded. He didn't have to look very hard however, because Fleurette was standing in the middle of the stage. She couldn't stay hidden for long clearly. Holding out her hands, she loosely wriggled her fingers. He walked steadily over, slowly reaching up, he held onto her hands loosely.

"Now this is becoming too familiar."

"Who's being sentimental now, hm?" She smirked and turned, letting go of one of his hands she gave the other a slight tug. The walk back down to their home was silent, except Fleurette did let out a few quiet yawns. It was early in the morning after all, no later than two. It became increasingly obvious to him that as she walked that her pace was slowing. Him stopping caused her to stop as well. She looked up and around confused, she let out a quiet noise though when she suddenly got scooped up. "I can walk."