10

Fleurette and Meg stood outside the building looking up at the sunny sky. "I've been thinking." Meg said slowly, Fleurette looked over at her. "Well actually it's more mother's idea." Fleurette nodded at her to continue. Meg sighed and turned to look at her. "I'm going to continue singing." Meg confessed, Fleurette's expression saddened slightly.

"That's great."

"Oh, Fleur! You are such a bad actress." The blonde giggled and put an arm around her shoulders. "I get it. You are mad, you are left to your own devices. I mean we were a team after all."

"I think it is great." Fleurette pressed, Meg looked like she was debating over her words. She smiled and put an arm around Meg's shoulders in return. "You follow something you like and enjoy. You find enjoyment in continuing singing, that's great."

"You're going to continue to dance?"

"Yes."

"You know he's not going to agree with that."

"Pfft." Fleurette said while moving away from her side. "I'm not here to become a vocal replacement. Or a project. This dawned on me when I saw Gangle and Squelch doing something they love. They're both such good acrobats. I am a good dancer, and I wish to stay as such." Fleurette didn't sign up for being a pet project for anyone, least of all Erik, as bad as that was.

"So stubborn!" Meg exclaimed. Wagging a finger she grinned, "You'll pick singing back up. You will because it is fun."

"More like I will because I'll get forced to." Fleurette said a little bitterly.

"Woah," Meg breathed. "You got some angst needing to come out there, Fleur?"

"I don't like being changed." She said while leaning back against the wall. "I knew who I was back home, then my mother passed and I didn't know who I was. I discovered wonders in books, the thought of writing came to mind. But my father shot that down." She paused, her expression and tone hard as she glared at nothing. "You see, as much as my mother pressed Eleanor and me, I never wanted to dance. I just happen to have some skill. My father in some ways used this." Fleurette looked at Meg. "My father changed me twice, from wanting to be an author, to becoming a dancer. Do not get me wrong, I am not wholly bitter because if this didn't happen I'd never have met you or Erik." Fleurette frowned in thought, there were mixed emotions still with her father and the past. "But in saying that, Erik does not understand dancing, he understands music. Music is his love, like dancing is mine and like singing is yours." Fleurette pushed away from the wall and ran a hand through her hair. "I cannot do something which I have very little interest in."

"I know, you're stubborn as anything and I've known from day one that you've hated against the notion of singing. Not sure why," Meg pouted thoughtfully. "Your voice isn't that bad." She joked, Fleurette narrowed her eyes playfully at her.

"It isn't my voice which is the problem." Fleurette looked at Meg with an honest but sad smile. "When we met, I was a dancer and only such. That is who Erik became fond of. The problem is the notion of singing on a whole because I do not wish to become a substitute for someone else. I do not wish to become a replacement, or a copycat."

Meg's eyes suddenly flickered with recognition. "You don't want to become a Christine substitute."

"Exactly. Try as he might to deny it, he does still hold her dear...in a small way."

Meg frowned confused. "How on earth did you figure that out? I can barely tell if he's in a good mood or not!"

Fleurette sighed, "Talk to him about singing and watch his expression, when it comes to voices Meg, he only really cares for one person's." Fleurette shrugged. "And as far as we know that someone is in France still."