My name is Marilyn Wilson; I'm seventeen, and by the way, a witch. Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4: ITS MARILYN, NOT LYNN

I had spent the day with my brother at one of my favorite places to be.

And you know, I had a good time, I won't lie, my brother is pretty cool, and so are his friends.

I guess I never gave him much credit, I figured he was a dork anyway.

Not after today. No, not after today.

He replaced Alex as my favorite sibling.

He laughed when I had told him that.

It was near two in the afternoon when I had offered to buy Demetri and his friends lunch.

They all refused, saying it wasn't right for a girl to buy a guy something.

Not natural.

I rolled my eyes and gave them a lecture on double-standards.

They all laughed, and I did too.

"Hey, here comes Andrew." Demetri said when we said down on a bench.

Andrew was a boy my age, who all the kids at the skate park knew.

Demetri warned me that he has a hissy fit when someone calls and Drew. I told him that I will try my utmost best not to talk to the boy at all.

He laughed at me, and said that everyone talks to Andrew. Or Andy, just not Drew.

"Demetri, Alec." He adressed the boys when he walked over to where we were sitting.

He smiled at me, it was a cocky, smug, smile. It annoyed me. "Who might you be?" He asked me, I smiled a smug smile of my own, "Hi, Im Mariyn. Demetri is my brother." I said. He looked at Demetri and back to me, "Here to supervise?" He asked, laughing. I rolled my eyes, "No im here because I came to skate. And other reasons. But not to supervise my perfectly-capable brother." I told him, smileing all the while.

He looked at me cross, and I smiled wider. "You came here to skate?" He asked me, stunned.

"What, is there some unwritten law that if you have a vagina you can't skate board?" I asked him sarcastialy, and waited for his answer.

When he didn't answer right away I, and everyone else in hearing distance, began to laugh hystarically.

"Well, I guess not." He eventually said, pretending to laugh along with the rest of the crowd.

My phone vibrated, and I picked it up.

It was Landon. I smiled to myself.

It said: 'Want to go to the skate park with me? :D'

I smiled to myself, and replied: 'Im here, and some guy named Andrew is being annoying. Haha, come now!'

I put my phone in my back pocket, and hopped off the table with my board in my hand and turned to Demetri. "Landon's coming up." I told him with a big smile, hoping this "Andrew" would take it the wrong way.

And to my luck, he did.

'Damn.. she has a boyfriend. Well... If he's coming up here I can make a fool of him, scale my compition.'

I laughed to myself as I got my phone back out of my pocket to text Landon something else, 'He thinks your my boyfriend. He wants to see the compititon. I started laughing, and I'm pretty sure he thinks im insane. Lmfao!'

I walked to the halfpipe with my brother by my side, and our fan clubs behind us, tagging along.

I did a kickflip or two, an ollie or two and I grinded on the rail a few times before Landon replyed.