Chapter 20 - Stick Together

Ellah's POV

I was waving my-probably-last-goodbye to them when a huge explosion just exploded behind us. It threw us far forward with our backs sat on fire, burning our skin. I grunted as it stings more and more.

I forced myself to move and rolled on the ground to set off the fire and told others to do so and they followed. Few seconds later while we were laying helplessly, I heard a vehicle moving towards us. I rolled to face it but the smoke was covering the road. I squinted my eyes to focus. As the smoke slowly vanished in the air, I saw it was them. My classmates. They came back. For us.

They rushed to us and helped us to stand up and hurriedly get us inside the car. Chenley immediately started the engine and drove after. Nicka, Rose, Jehasmin and Cyrel rushed to treat our burns.

"What the hell was that?!" Chenley exclamined.

"I don't know, for God's sake! Shit!" Mika yelled back.

"We really have to find those scientist. I know they're responsible of that explosion. Maybe they were angry because we survived. Because we're still alive and fighting." Jeanny said.

I didn't bother to talk back on their conversation, I just listened to distract myself to the pain I am feeling because of my back. I looked to my right, left and infront of me, Ryan, Ryzza, Ellizza, Bernafe, Khent, Marikit, Christine, Krish, Kim, Mikaela, Monnah, Nesty, and Maribelle were seriously injured. How are we gonna be able to help the others if we can't even think we could protect ourselves?

Jane slowly bended her knees infront of us and said, "I'm so sorry we left you, guys. If...if we just pushed you to come with us, this won't happen to you."

"Don't worry, Jane. It was our decision. There's no one to blame about what happened." I replied.

She nodded, "You should all take a rest then."

"Okay."

I positioned myself to sleep but there's no comfortable position for me right now so I just didn't care. I shut my eyes and fell asleep.

A wiggle on my shoulder woke me up. I opened my eyes and saw Steph's face.

"Hey, we're here." She said.

She helped me get up and out of the car. The sun shined so bright with a burning heat that digs on my flesh. We stopped on a house that was obviously own by a rich human beings previously. We really have that habit on choosing houses to stay in that was owned by rich ass people. It's a good deal though.

Chenley and Jhon went inside first to check every corner of the house if there was no zombie or whatever shit happening inside. They went out and said it was clear so we went inside. The boys remained outside to carry all of the weapons we left and we could get from the soldiers back at Marks Corp.

We were here for three hours now. It seemed like forever. We were bored, sad, tired, grieving, and dying.

"I wonder what were they doing?" Said Jeanny, while playing with her feet.

"Who?" I replied.

"The Scientists."

"Why are you so intrigued by them?"

"I don't know. I just don't understand why. Why do they have to do this?"

"Scientist are obsessed people, Jeanny. They want to try things, experiment and shits. It's simple."

"I don't know. I feel something different."

I just shook my head and fell back to sleep.

"Hey...hey, Ellah. Dinner's ready." Rhean softly whispered holding a plate full of food.

I sat up and tried to get up on my feet.
"Where are you going? Here's your food."

"What? So..."

"Yup, that's right. I'm feeding you."

She picked up the spoon with rice and viand and fed me. It was kind of awkward but whatever, I couldn't my arms really so, that left me no choice but to open my mouth as she tease me with "here comes the airplane".

"So what did Jeanny said? What's the plan?" I asked.

"Same old, same old. Find the scientists and kill them all to stop them from releasing more virus. But, I think we're going to stay here longer. They said we need to let you heal fully before we go to them."

"Oh, okay."

A month later

I looked at myself in the mirror and I see a different person, a different Ellah. I'm not the only one who changed, they did too. We all did. We were stronger than before. Braver. We have more courage and faith.

I took a last step of the front door stair as I closed the door. This is it. Our wounds were healed. Physical wounds, yes. But my heart, not fully. Not until we get the justice for our family, friends and the people in our city.

"Ellah! Come on!" Chenley shouted.

"Coming!" I yelled back as I jogged towards the car.

We are ready. We are coming, Marks Corp.

A/N: Hooray! I finally updated! Been busy af at school -.- doing maths and shits. They're worth it though. Hoped you like this update. Vote if you did and comment down your thoughts!