Chapter 2 - Explosion

Warning: Cuss

Chapter 2 - Explosion

Jeanny's POV

I tried my best to sleep but there was something on mind that keeps me awake. I don't even know what that is, maybe I just needed some air to calm my mind down.

I took a look around on my classmates and made sure they're all asleep before I got up. I picked up my jacket that was placed beside me and walked towards the stairs. After I went to the 3rd floor, I suddenly had chills running down on my spine. The surroundings was dim and it really looked like an apocalyptic mall in the movies. I walked towards another stairs to climb up another floor to reach the rooftop.

As I opened the door, cold breeze of air touched my face and my body. I wrapped my arms around my body to keep myself warm. I started to walk towards the edge of the building and took a look around. It was so silent. I never expected that this City would be this silent. A lot of houses, buildings, stores and cars were ruined. I wonder where did other citizens went. Was mom and dad still alive? My brothers and my sister? My classmates' parents and relatives?

I heard the door squeeked so I quickly turned around when my foot slipped. I thought I going to fall but a hand grabbed my shirt and pulled me up. I was catching my breath and I looked at the person who saved me. I couldn't clearly saw his or her face but I am glad I'm still alive.

"That was close! Shit!" It was a girl. Who is this? Her voice was very familiar. I tilted my head to see her face clearer.

"Mika?" I asked.

"Yeah? Duh. You okay? Bitch that was close! Goodness, what the hell are you doing here? Fuck it, are you okay?" She asked, touching my foot to see if I injured it.

"Physically or mentally?"

"Damn, I didn't know you're an emo." She sat beside me on the edge.

"I didn't know either."

I was thinking for an excuse to tell her but my mind seemed to rebel against my will and replayed a flashback.

It was just a normal school day. I slept late, woke up early, and went to school late. Gonna be assigned to clean the whole school, again. Well atleast I have my classmates to accompany me to clean because most of us were late. After we were done, we grabbed our bags outside the gate and entered. I just hated every second my eyes laid on our school guard, Ponso. He was the student's worst nightmare. Elementary or Highschool students hated him. First, he acts like owned the school. Second, he thought we have done something wrong everytime. Third, maybe we just hated him.

We went to our classroom and obviously, we apologized for being late. Ma'am Daryl was really kind so she permitted us to enter the room without punishments. Sadly, I forgot she gave us pointers yesterday because we were going to have a long quiz today. I was so pissed off of myself that I forgot about it. I calmed my mind and did not let it pass my nerves because I know I have nothing to do to change the fact that I was being dumb and lazy that's why forgot about the quiz.

I placed my bag and sat on my chair. I've noticed that we have a complete attendance today, it rarely happened but whatever. I scanned my book for a minute before the quiz.

"Whole sheet of paper-" Ma'am Daryl announced but stopped. There was something that flew in the sky and based on that I heard it was so close to us. We remained silent for a second when a big metallic ball with spikes crashed in the middle of the campus. Some of classmates screamed out of their fear but I didn't. Instead, I walked closer to the window to take a look at the object.

"Stay away from the windows and duck." Ma'am Daryl yelled. I looked at them and saw others were shaking, ducked, and remained calm. I didn't listened and continued to take a step closer from the windows. I looked carefully at the object, the spikes ejected a green smoke and covered the whole school faster than I thought. I yelled and told my classmates to cover their noses but it was useless, the smoke already got inside us and I slowly lost my strength and consciousness.