Chapter 7 - Rooftop

Chapter 7 - Rooftop

Rhean's POV

I tip toed towards the door to snuck out when Kim kept waking up. I held my breath everytime she moved and when I'm at the door, I quickly opened the door and closed it immediately before Kim bursted from her sleep. I slowly climbed to the rooftop to see Dave was also there.

"Hey." He said, almost whispering.

"Hey."

"Can't sleep too?"

"Yeah. How long have you been here?"

"About 20 minutes, I think. The stars are so beautiful," He said then stopped.

"Like you." He added but with a very low voice. I completely heard what he said but I pretended not to.

"What?"

"Oh, I said the stars are beautiful. You like stars right?"

"Oh, yeah, I like them." I said and stared in the sky. Dave poked my shoulders so I turned to see him.

"No! Don't turn! Just stare in the sky."

"What?"

"I have something to tell you."

"What is it?" I said, and turned around again.

"No! Don't look at me! Just..don't."

"Okay. Tell me."

"I..uh..for the past four months, I have been noticing you and I think you're really beautiful. I really don't plan confessing right now but, who knows, maybe tomorrow the zombies would eat me,"

As I was listening to what Dave was saying, my heart beat faster and faster. I couldn't believe he liked someone like me. My veins were having a tingling sensation and my body hairs stood up. I felt the cold more in my skin but my heart was so warm like a fire in a cold midnight winter.

"Rhean, I like you. I don't know if this is already love but it is something I feel for you. I get jealous when a guy talks to you, I hate it when I couldn't have the guts to talk to you but most of the time, I wanted to be beside you. I..you..don't need to feel the same way, I just want you to know that I like you-"

I didn't bother to let him finish because I know what I feel. This is the moment that I have been waiting for months. I turned around to face him, cupped his face and moved my lips closer to his. In a split second, my lips touched his and closed my eyes. I detached my lips from his and looked at him in the eyes.

"Is it okay if I feel the same?" He smiled to me and kissed me. Dave wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly.

"I couldn't. I couldn't believe this." He whispered to my ears.

"Well, believe it because this is real."

Dave and I sat side by side and I rested my head on his right shoulder. He moved his hand slowly closer to mine.

"If you want to hold my hand, do it now before I'll change my mind." I jokingly said. He immediately wrapped his hand with mine and chuckled.

"My hand fit perfectly with yours." He said.

"I know."

We sat silently there while looking up in the sky. A few months ago, I was sitting alone in my house looking in the sky wishing Dave would miraculously like me. I knew wishing in the stars were ridiculous but it's kinda worth a try and I think it worked. And now, I'm sitting here watching the stars with the person I like and the person who likes me.

"What do you think about the plan they were talking about?" He asked out of nowhere.

"I don't know. I wish I could be more useful."

"What are you talking about? You are. If it weren't for you, we didn't got these weapons. Maybe you should be confident with the skills that you have because you are way more special than you think you are."

"I know but what should I make? The only thing I know was hacking and connecting frequencies-" I said, then stopped. My eyes widened about what I figured out.

"What's happening?"

"I think I how what I should do."

"That's my girl." As he said those words, I quickly turned my head and faced him.

"Your girl?"

"Yeah. You don't like it? Oh, right. I should court you first."

"No, no. That's useless. I would say yes anyway."

"So..I'm your boyfriend?" I nodded.

"And I'm your girlfriend?"

"That sounds perfect."

I smiled and hugged him tightly with my face resting on his chest. Even we are in a zombie apocalypse, he still smelled so good. Why does girl's perfume lasts only 30 minutes when guys lasts a freakin' zombie apocalypse?! But whatever.

"Maybe you should sleep now. We still have a training tomorrow and you, you will work on that idea you have okay?"

"Okay."

We went down to our room and hugged each other. I feel like my heart was going to burst but I'm trying my best to act normal in front of him.

"Good night, Rhean."

"Good night, Dave."

I entered the room and closed it. I jumped like a I was in a trampoline and screamed mutely. I punched the air so bad like I was in a boxing fight. My eyes widened when the light turned on and Kim, Jane, and Michelle was standing in front of me with their arms crossed.

"What the-" I almost screamed.

"Dare to tell us where you went?" Jane said.

"Rooftop?"

"Hmmm. Then why are you smiling so big?" Kim asked.

Shoot.

"No, I'm not." Of course I lied.

"Do you think we don't know when you're lying?"

I don't have a choice but to tell them so I did. All of them held their screams and kept slapping each others shoulder. I felt so good after I told them what happened. They always knew that I liked Dave and now, knowing that he's my boyfriend makes them and me so happy. I can sleep better at night starting today and my day will be more amazing than the usual.

A/N: I am not really good in writing romantic scenes but I hope you liked it. Shout out to bebpotpao to make this chapter REAL because she is RHEAN! Hahaha love you yan 😘 Thank you for those people who supported this story. Vote and comment your thoughts!