Chapter 1 - Temporary Home

"If that's what you did, then who will survive?"

"The Chosen."

Mika's POV

"Still no signal?" Ellah asked Rhean. Ellah is our class president who likes to entertain us when we're not in the mood to smile but I even doubt she's going to make us smile today when she can't even make herself smile after what happened to us.

Rhean and I had spent 2 hours already to find any signal to contact our parents--if they're still alive--to go home. But sadly we couldn't find any. We already checked each phone we have but we have no luck.

"Maybe lets just wait and calm down, shall we?" Chenley suggested.

Since everybody is tired, confused and doesn't have a choice, we agreed. We sat down close to each other in a big round carpet without talking. It was so silent that we could hear each other's breathing, emphasizing that this tragedy is really happening.

I couldn't blame my other classmates from panicking. If I was them, I would panic but, the thing is I'm not. I was shocked also that after what happened to us, I was so composed and some of my classmates like Rhean, Jeanny, Jane, Chenley, Ellah, Steph, James, Marikit, and Christine.

The others were frantically panicking, some handled their emotions but I somehow saw their hands shaking and us, who were so calm most of the time. Maybe that's how it works and it doesn't matter anyway, we need to stick together.

I looked at my classmates most of them fell asleep except us--the calm guys--so we stood up and gathered in a big brown table far away from them.

Our faces were full of fear, confusion, and mixed emotions we couldn't explain. But this is the time to sulk whatever we are feeling so we have to be strong for everyone of us especially for ourselves.

"So what are we gonna do now?" Jeanny asked.

"I don't know. We don't have weapons or whatever we can use to beat those bastards." I answered.

They shook their heads and looked down. James looked up and he seemed he has an idea what to do.

"Do you have an idea James? Like anything. Please, just anything." Ellah said to James.

He was hesitant but we pleaded him to spill it out.

"I just..."

"What?"

All eyes were at James which maybe makes him more pressured but Rhean's calm voice calmed him down.

"I just read it in a book in the library. We could make explosives if the Pharmacy down there has the chemicals we need."

"Can you remember all of them?" Jane asked.

I didn't bother to speak out. I didn't have the brains for Science craps so I just stayed silent and let the brainies do what they're good at.

"Yeah, all of them."

"Good. Let's assign you guys." Jane said. Jeanny nodded her head and looked at us.

"Like leaders?" Steph asked.

"Yup."

"Okay, let's see. Rhean, you're assigned in the computers and electronics, Mika, you'll be our sniper,"

"But we have no sniper or even guns," I said.

"We will. Chenley and Steph, you're in the offense. James, you're incharge in the explosions obviously. Christine and Marikit for traps. Jane and I will be in other things maybe."