Chapter 17 - Coming

Chapter 17 - Coming

Rose's POV

My eyes were still heavy but I still tried to open them. I moved my body that felt like I gained fifty times my weight to the side. There were stings on my arms so I lifted them. Glasses dug unto my skin; big and small pieces of glass. I breathed heavily and blown away how they covered my arms and legs. As the tears rolled on my face, I felt another sting, a burning sting that my tears got sucked by my flesh. I slowly spread my fingers and touched my face.

"Rose." Krish said.

I looked at her. There were also wounds on her arms and her top were almost covered in blood. Another tear fell from my eyes and the pain hit me again.

"Aaah!" I yelped.

Krish rushed to me and asked me to lay down again. I followed her and laid down.

"Kim! Ryan! Find first aid kits! Now!" Krish yelled while holding my hand. The wounds are burning more and more and it hurts so much more that I could ever imagine. It felt almost numb but when my tears rolled down and touched them, it almost felt like ripping my skin from the flesh. I could hear someone running towards where we are.

"Here." I knew it was Kim. She didn't stayed inside, she only handed the kit and went out. Krish opened the kit immediately. She picked up a tweezer and a cloth.

"This is gonna hurt but we don't have a choice. Stay with me, Rose. Stay with me."

She held the glass that was stuck on my right cheek and slowly pulled it out. I bit my lip and tried not to scream but pain I'm feeling right now is far beyond the pain I felt before. I could feel my skin was holding on for dear life with the glass. The first one was out. I wonder how many of them were on my face. I wonder if I could bare the pain.

"Three more, Rose. Only three."

"Aaah!" I screamed.

"Were almost done. Almost."

After a dreadful hour of pain, at last all of the shard of glass on my body were pulled out. Krish cleaned my wound and put bandages around them. I put my arm around her meck and wrapped her left arm on my waist to support me while I was trying to stand. The wounds still hurt but its barable. I took a last step from the truck and saw the team outside; heads down, emotionless, and exhausted.

"Where's Kyl?" I said.

"Here." A voice said. It was so low that I could barely hear it. I looked at Krish and she just nodded. I took a step to go behind the truck and there was Kyl. He looked at me and I was shocked.

"Your..." I stuttered.

"I know, its fine," He said, touching his cheek. His whole right cheek was covered with bandage so I didn't know what or how much damaged the bomb have done to him.

"Can you walk better?" He asked.

"Yeah, kinda. Have we contacted the other group yet?"

"No, the radio must have been damaged because of the explosion. Mine is broken, it won't even turn on. Mika's still fixing hers."

"I wonder what happened to them."

I sat down beside Kyl when Ryan ran towards us with a wide smile. A smile that has a piece of hope underneath it.

"Guys, they're on the radio."

We rushed towards Mika to hear what Chenley has been talking about.

"Where are you now?"

"We're still on our way, we got injured and it's hard for us to run or walk in hurry."

"Find any vehicle that could help you there."

"We're looking but badly the engine sucks!"

We waited for response but there was none.

"Hello? Chenley? Guys? Motherfucker! Shit!" Mika yelled. She grabbed her gun and angrily searched for a car that we could use by herself. In a few seconds, we heard a drift of a car in front of us and the windows rolled down, it was her.

"The fuck you waiting for? Get in!"

Even my legs were still weak, I tried my best to cope up with them and not to be a burden. There's no place for that right now. Whether you're injured or not, you have to keep fighting. Fighting for your life, your friend's life and possibly for the only human life left.

A/N: First of all, this story reached 2.56k reads! I know you guys were just like "duh, its just 2k plus reads" but for me, ITS A FREAKING 2K PLUS READS! And I am very very thankful for my friends who supported me in this journey even though y'all busy, and for all the people who gave this story a chance to be read. Thank you so much! Second, I am extremely sorry for not updating for last week, school is being a bitch and won't let me have a time to write. I know this note is getting long and this will not be the last hahahaha. Sorry again and thank you so so so much! I hope you enjoyed it! Vote and comment your thoughts down below.