Chapter 13 - Revenge

Warning: Cuss

Chapter 13 - Revenge

Steph's POV

"Hey." I said walking towards Rhean, who was on the balcony of the house we were in.

"Hey." She replied.

"How're you holding up?"

"Hmm, I don't know. Fine? I, uh...kinda just accepted it," Rhean said,"that...she's gone."

"I see."

I didn't know what to say after that. I really didn't have the plan to talk about it because I'm not...emotional like them. I get sad but not, like that. Damn it, I don't even know how to describe it.

I just stood beside her of an entire hour in the balcony watching zombies walking back and forth. The more we spend our days with these sickos, the more we're not afraid of them anymore, or it's just that they're far from us that's why we're not afraid of them, yeah, that's probably it.

It didn't rain since the last time I saw our city was pretty normal, the weather now is so messed up. It's so hot that I could feel my sweat rolling on my skin.

"Hey, I'll go inside now, it's really hot in here. I can't stand it anymore." I said to Rhean.

"Yeah, sure."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, of course. I'll be fine."

"Well, okay. I'll call you if food is ready."

"Okay."

Of course, I'm not gonna leave her alone there, that sucks. So after I closed the door from the balcony and went downstairs, I called Dave to go to her and stay with her since she needed him the most.

Dave rushed to her and God knows what they were doing up there. I went to the meeting room where Jeanny, Jane, Chenley, Mika, and James were.

"So, what's up?" I said, entering the room.

Mika just pouted her lips and they just shook and scratch their heads. I can't even guess what happened to the atmosphere in here, it wasn't like this when I went up.

"What's wrong?" I said.

"We don't know what to do anymore." Jane said.

"What do you mean?"

"Like we lost two of our friends now and our classmates were so upset about it. They wanted to just hide in here and see what happens." James explained.

"Well, have you talk to all of them?"

"No." Mika said.

"Then explain your side to them. Jeanny? If you really believe that there's an antidote for curing this disease, then make them understand. We are young but damn, we don't have a fucking choice."

"It's to kill or be killed. Or eaten. By zombies. To be exact." Mika said.

"Thanks." I said to her.

"I got 'ya." She winked.

Jeanny nodded her head and sighed.

"FOOD IS READY!" Mikaela yelled.

Oh, by the way, we found the most glorious house along the way. A sound proof house. Huh? Huh? Cool right? Damn, we won't worry about zombies hearing us yelling all over the house but as usual, can't use the lights. But the great thing is that we can use air conditioner, shower room with heater, and the fridge is on. So that means, we can eat ice creams! Well, yeah, just got excited. I miss my normal life. Our normal life.

We went out of the room and sat on the dining table probably made from rose wood with handmade carvings, we certainly hit a jackpot with this house.

Our chefs prepared chicken and waffles with big pile of salad because they said we need those. Yeah, but whatever. And some good looking, sexy, stunning, gorgeous chocolate chip cookies. Haaaaaallelujah!

I kicked Jeanny's feet to sign her about the plan. She seemed hesitant so I kicked Jane and she rolled her eyes.

"Okay, guys? Can Jeanny and I have your attention?" Jane said.

Everyone stopped eating and looked at them. Jeanny slowly moved her chair backwards and stood up.

"I know you're all afraid. Afraid of losing a friend, or being eaten. I know that because I'm afraid too. But let us think about the virus. What if there's an antidote? We could save the whole city, or cure our families-" Jeanny lowered her voice, "if they're alive."

"But the thing is that we have to do something. We can't stay here forever. What if there are people who haven't got infected by the virus like us? We only have ten thousand bullets and our population is fourty thousand six hundred eighty two. We're screwed, but if we can cure them, it'll be a win-win. There'll be no zombies, we get our families back, and stop those crazy scientist from probably releasing another virus." Jeanny explained.

Each one of them have different expressions in their faces. Determined, confused, scared, doubting, angry, and some go-with-the-flow face.

"Well, I mean what if you're wrong?" Junella said. She caught everybody's attention.

It's understandable that this plan is risky but it is worth the risk. Our supplies will ran out, bullets don't sex and get pregnant so they won't reproduce, and I want to be home.

"Yeah. What if they didn't make any antidote for the virus? What will happen?" Jehasmin added.

"But what if they did? They won't be alive if they didn't have anything injected in their system to cope with the virus right?"

"How about us? How come we didn't got infected?"

"All of that questions will be answered if we'll go to Marks Corp. If we stay here, who will answer? What if it affected us but slowly?"

Everybody got silent. I don't blame them to doubt this plan because at first I did too. But what if we can do this? If I die, I know that I didn't died in vain. I died with a reason and that is to save our city.

"I'll take that risk." Maribelle said.

"Me too." Rose added.

"Count me in." Khent said.

"Wait, what? Are we really doing this? What-" Mikaela argued.

"Just-ugh shut it, Mikaela. I'm in too." Arianne said.

There were some still argued that this was a bad idea but the majority said yes. After that, we continued our meal and did our chores around the house. We can't afford to get sick right now so clean, clean, and clean.

For the whole afternoon we played some boardgames that the owners of the house had. We also played hide and seek and all of the games we could think of. This was better. I know all of us were all stressed about everything and seeing us, playing, laughing and having fun atleast makes me feel like our city has a chance to be alive again.

A/N: I am truly sorry for the late update! School starts tomorrow, it feels like the zombie apocalypse will happen 😭 I hope I'll survive 😂 By the way, I hope you enjoyed and don't forget to vote and comment 😉