Chapter 15 - Trapped

Warning: Cuss

Chapter 15 - Trapped

Chenley's POV

As we took the walk from the foggy road, the next few minutes the fog was gone. We could see the clear building of Marks Corp and the zombies below it. That explains the no zombie zone a while ago. But I am beyond confused, how does this scientists can act like there's no zombies around them?

A guy in a common white robe walked around the building like nothing happened in the city. There were women ,young girls, and boys going in and out of the building but it's like the zombies couldn't reach them. A zombie look back and almost spotted us. We moved back up quicker than I've expected.

Steph's team and some of the non-fighters were in the other building beside where I am now. She have radio and some of them too so we could still contact each other. Mika's voice were in the radio again.

"Are you seeing this?" She said with an amused voice.

"Yes we do." I replied.

"How is this possible?"

"I don't know, we don't know."

"Shit."

"You need to figure it out for us. It's too risky if we will do it ourselves."

"Not a problem...Actually, we got a fucking problem."

I panic as soon as she said that. I tried to call her but there were no response. I called in Rose and Dave who also have radios but they also didn't responded. I contacted Steph and told her what happened. The team beside was worried about what happened to them and will happen to us.

"Try it again, Chenley." Steph said on the radio.

"Okay," I said. "Mika! Are you there? Respond now!"

Nothing.

"Ryzza! What just happened?"

Nothing.

"Dave! Please answer us!"

Finally, the radio gave some noises and Dave's voice was in. "We just got attacked here. And it's...a...lot!" Dave's voice in the end felt like he was shooting zombies according to the words that he said, cool.

"Fucking zombies are here." Mika said. I glanced beside to look at my team and their eyes were filled with fear. Their hands were sore and shaking.

"We'll try to kill but I can't promise you we won't be killed. If we do, stay alive for us. But for now, stay there and we'll do our best to figure out what going on in that building." She added.

"I understand." I replied. I didn't know what to say after that. Goodluck? Stay alive? I just want them to do their thing and we'll be here praying for guidance and hope.

Ryzza's POV

Mika was beside me talking about the zombies and buildings with Chenley when I heard some noises that wasn't from the radio. I walked towards the edge of the building that we were camping and saw hundreds of zombies below. I called Mika immediately.

"Not a problem," she said turning around to face me and I mouthed 'zombies'. "Actually, we got a fucking problem."

She turned down her radio and called the rest of the group in. Arianne approached us on the edge when she tripped on a metal and accidentaly threw the brick she was holding down to the zombies. They looked up and saw her hand on the edge and hurriedly entered the building.

"Oh my gosh, it's my fault. I'm so sorry. I just killed you all. Were going to be eaten by them. And I'm so sorry." Arianne cried out.

"Shhhh. It's not your fault. We have to survive okay? Be brave team." Mika said.

"Yeah!" We yelled.

"Let's go!"

We immediately ran downstairs and started shooting zombies. I turned my radio on and contacted the other group in the building.

"Hey guys. Zombie attack be ready." I said.

"What?! Okay, okay, just...ugh fine." Kyl replied.

I don't even know what's happening to that guy but whatever. We still have business to do here. I fire and fire as I can to the zombies that my eyes could see. But they were just too many. Our guns won't last and bullets will run out soon.

"My goodness! There are hundreds of them here! We don't have explosions to bomb them and it'll be done!" Rose yelled on the radio.

"I know. Just do you best to kill as many as you could and survive." I responded.

"Okay, survive too."

"I will."

I looked down and Mika and Dave was still shooting zombies and I joined in again. Arianne, Mikaela and Ana were trying their best to pull the trigger and kill zombies but they keep missing. I told them to stop and stay behind us instead. Mika, who was in front of us ran back up and said, "I'm almost out, we have to get back up to the rooftop."

We followed her and ran upstairs to the rooftop. We locked the metal door and wait for Mika to plan something out. She was walking back and forth until she picked up the radio and turned it on. She was speaking to all the person who has the radio that Rhean gave.

"We'll try to kill but I can't promise you we won't be killed. If we do, stay alive for us. But for now, stay there and we'll do our best to figure out what going on in that building."

"I understand." Chenley responded.

"Were almost out, Mika." Kyl said over the radio. They also backed up and returned to the rooftop.

I badly want to help but I couldn't think of any plan to suggest. Minutes passed, the door was starting to wiggle and there were loud bangings so Dave and I went to the door and lean our backs to support it from breaking the lock.

"What should we do? They are here." Dave said to Mika.

"Guys? They're here." Rose said from the other side on the radio.

Mika ignored us and continued to look in her sniper telescope. She murmured something under her breath and finally stood up. She picked her radiophone up and talked.

"It's a projector. The people inside are not real. Projectors are around the building," she said. "Send few of James's team, we're all trapped."

"Okay, just wait. They're coming. We'll take care of those scientists."

A/N: First double POV in one chapter! Short but tried my best to squeeze my sched to have the time to write another chapter. I hope you still enjoyed this one. If you do, vote for this and drop a comment below!