"Steve?"

Bucky ran quickly along the hot pavement of downtown Washington DC.  He lifted his shield to his chest,  the sound of dozens of bullets ricocheted off of the invincible metal filling his ears.

He ducked behind a vehicle, trying to come up with a strategy as quickly as he could.  However his mind came up blank.  Bucky watched as his friend Natalia hid a different vehicle,  then sprinted off to the next one.

She had left something behind the first vehicle.

He then heard the sound of a recording,  and in spite of the dire situation they were in,  he couldn't repress a small grin.

His Natalia certainly was clever.

Bucky watched as a small cylinder rolled beneath the vehicle,  though he couldn't see who threw it.  Bucky quickly sprinted off to the next nearby vehicle,  right as the few beside him erupted with an explosion.

Bucky clutched his shield tighter,  running towards Natalia who was now finding off a man clad in black clothing.

Then unknown man was clad completely in black,  his mouth covered by a thick black mask,  making him unidentifiable.

Oh,  and he had a metal arm.

Bucky towards the man as the Soldier held Natalia by the neck and pressed her into a hood of a car.

Bucky ran behind the man and hit him in the neck with his shield.

The man turned,  forgetting Natalia as she lay gasping for breath. 

He reached for Bucky with his bionic arm, staring at him with an odd,  blank expression with his hazy blue eyes. He knocked the shield out of Bucky's hands and wrapped his arm around Bucky's shoulders,  then pushed him against a van,  then placed his flesh arm over his neck,  cutting off his air.

Bucky reached his arm up in attempt to pry the other man's arms off of him.  He used his strength to wriggle out of the mans grip,  and fell to the ground.

He picked himself up quickly and wrapped his arms around the Winter Soldier's  waist, lifting him up.

The man turned around in his arms and laid a punch across Bucky's face with his bionic arm.

Bucky let go of the man in shock and pain,  a sharp sensation shooting up his jaw.

He tried to ignore it the best he could as he grabbed onto the man and tossed him to the pavement, sending him rolling.

Bucky saw the mask fall off of the Soldier,  and hit the pavement. The man curled into a ball and rolled,  then stood,  making no effort to grab his fallen face protection, as if he didn't know it was even there in the first place.

Like he hardly had a mind of his own.

He then turned and looked at Bucky, and Bucky's heart sped up as he knew he would finally see the man's face.

Then his heart seemed to stop.

The eyes. 

The hair.

The jawline.

Bucky staggered a step back,  his mind going blank.

It was him.

Images flashed through his mind as he saw his best friend.

His small,  weak, best friend who had been the first man that the same scientists that had used the same serum that they later used on Bucky,  had died from.

But here he was.

In front of Bucky.

Trying to kill him.

His long lost friend stared at him,  his eyes blank and devoid of any hint of emotion. 

Bucky stared in return,  his own eyes filled with confusion and a thousand other emotions. 

Finally mustering up the courage to say something, he said a single word,  a name that he rarely spoke,  for it unearthed emotions he tried to keep buried,  now on fire from a single glimpse of a face. 

"Steve?" He finally asked,  his voice lied with emotion and disbelief.

The man stared blankly back. 

"Who the hell is Steve?"