Chapter 19

Chapter 19

NIALL'S POV

I woke up to Harry singing in a high pitched voice that I should drag my ass out of bed. 

I rolled over, and smacked him on his head a couple of times. 

"Oi! What was that for?" 

"Oh hey Harry. Sorry I thought you were the alarm so I was just trying to hit the snooze button."

"Oh so funny nialler. Get up now!"

"What time is it?"

"Umm... about 3 am." He replies, checking his phone. 

"Why the fuck are you waking me up at 3 in the morning?" I moaned, flopping down on the bed again. 

"Because... Aria just told me what happened."

I sat up with a jolt, and met his green eyes, an unreadable expression in them. 

"Wait. That really happened?"  I asked, pulling a tee sort over my head. "Mann. I was hoping that it was just a horrible dream." 

"How are you holding up?" 

"I just told a girl I was on way on becoming best friends with that I really liked her and she rejected me, and wouldn't even look me in the eye. How do you think I feel?" I grumble, my tone perhaps a bit more bitter than it need to be. However, this does nothing to dampen Harry's smile. 

"It's okay. Believe me. Just....come on. I know ///exactly what you need!" He said, excitedly. 

How could he be excited? Didn't be get it?but before I could even open my mouth to protest, Harry had already picked up my phone and jacket, and was literally shoving me out the tent.

"Atleast tell me where we're going!" I exclaim, not bothering to conceal my irritation. I tried wriggling out of his grip, but his hold was hard. I guess all the hours he spent in the gym were doing some good after all.  

"Oh. You'll see." Came his chirpy reply, as he made me sit in the passenger seat of the van. 

Throughout the ride I didn't stop questioning him. 

"Where are you taking me at 3 in the bloody morning?"

"What exactly did aria say?"

"Does she hate me?"

"WHERE THE HELL ARE WE GOING?"

All I got for a reply was a smile and a non committal shrug or two. 

Barely a few minutes had passed when Harry pulled in to a deserted parking lot and killed the engine. The parking lot faced a small shopping complex. It was pitch black except the light coming from a 24/7 diner. It was the only place open as far as I could see. 

We walked to the entrance in stony silence. I couldn't decide whether I was mad at Harry or aria, or just sad. 'At least food's always here for me' I thought as I pulled open the door with the words 'open' shining in bright neon lights. 

It was completely empty, except for a young waitress looking surprisingly awake for 3am and an old man slumped over a corner booth. 

The diner was one of those old timeless places, with linoleum countertops and even a juke box with vinyl records in the corner. 

"So THIS was your great plan?" I asked Harry irritably, as we slid into one of the booths, right in the middle of the diner. "I agree that food helps everything, but you cannot be serious."

"Oh shut up nialler." He replied good naturedly. Then, checking his phone he got up. "I'll be right back. Stay here okay?" 

Exasperated, I sat down. In a matter of seconds, the giggling waitress was at my table, carrying a covered pizza dish which she put down in front of me.