Tears

Niall's POV

The first thing I remembered when I woke up was her beautiful smile. It was almost 11am, and I was starving. I remember finally going to bed around 4 am, after an amazing party. Almost everything I remembered about last night revolved around Aria. I just couldn't get her out of my head. She was... Magical. I know it sounds cheesy but all I wanted was to see her again.

As I came down stairs, I heard Liam humming as he made breakfast. At first only the five of us lived in the house, but a couple of months ago Louis had bought the house opposite to ours also. He lived there with Eleanor. His room in the house was now occupied by Danielle, who was mostly here anyways when ever we were in town. When Perrie was in London at the same time as us, she would also stay in either of the houses, whichever one Zayn was sleeping in.

Seeing me come down for breakfast, Liam added another plate to the table where I could already see Zayn and Louis sitting. The others were probably still sleeping. "Hey Niall" Zayn greated. "Great party last night, huh? You seemed to have really hit it off with Danielle's cute friend" continued Louis, with a cheeky smile. Hearing Aria's name, Liam interjected "Oh by the way I found an earring when I was cleaning the front deck and I'm pretty sure it's hers. I'm sure you wouldn't mind going over to her house to give it back to her, would you Niall?" He said with a suggestive smile "Oh he'd love to" Louis answered for me, as Zayn and he exchanged glances, " Won't you Niall?" And before I could even reply, all three of them burst out laughing.

If it was up to me I would have gone next door right that moment, but Liam told me to wait for an hour, so that aria was at least awake when I barged in on her. At about 12:30, I walked out the front door, and made my way up her driveway. As I approached the door, I could hear some noises inside, like someone was shouting. I rang the bell once, twice, thrice, but no one answered and I could still hear the shouting continue. Suddenly the noise subsided and was replaced by the sound of someone crying. Wondering what could possibly be the matter, I started ringing the bell repetitively. When still no one answered the door, I banged on the door with my fist, growing increasingly worried. No sooner had I done that the door creaked open. The stupid girl must have forgotten to lock it yesterday night (or I should say today morning) she was pretty drunk anyway. Hurriedly I entered and the first sight that met my eyes was of Aria's figure huddled against the wall sobbing uncontrollably.

Seeing her like that, I almost ran over to her and before I knew what I was doing, I wrapped my arms securely around her petite figure, holding her.

Aria's POV 

I didn't even notice when he entered. I just suddenly felt someone taking me in their arms, the smell of Armani mania aftershave filling my nose, having a strange calming effect on me. My brain was telling me that I had only met him yesterday, and he was still practically a stranger, but before I could even think I felt my body involuntarily bury inself into his torso, his perfect body moulding itself around mine perfectly. "Shhh" he soothed me, still securely holding my shaking body in his arms, "Whatever it is, it's going to be okay" I realized that my tears were soaking his tee-shirt but he didn't seem to care, and just sat there, holding me, comforting me.

I don't know how long I cried in his arms. All I remember is that it was a long time. When I finally gained a little control of myself, I felt him gently help me get up and lead me to the kitchen, where he sat me down on one of the stools, before sitting down beside me. He didn't say anything, he just sat there looking at me, understanding that all I needed was someone to be there.

When I fianally stopped crying, the first thing I did was start apologozing "Oh I'm so sorry! Your shirt is totally soaked and I just spent I don't know how long crying on you and I don't even know you and..." But before I could go on he gently stopped me, saying that it was ok, and his beautiful eyes showed that he meant it. I sensed that he wanted to know what was wrong, but he didn't want to push me. Even though I had only met him yesterday, I felt so comfortable around him... Like I had known him forever. Even though I had met him just yesterday I started telling him about everything, knowing that he would understand.  

 When I got to the part about him cheating on me, I heard my voice quiver, thinking about everything I had gone through, everything he had made me do to myself.

 Hearing my voice falter, Niall immediately wrapped his arms around my shoulder, thinking that I was going to break down once again. But instead of tears, it was unwanted thoughts that came, thoughts about all the things Tom had made me go through. And suddenly I found myself transported back to the day when everything actually started going downhill. 

*Flashback*

It was a year after we had gotten together, the day of our anniversary.  I had told him I didn't want to have sex with him. It was too soon, and i wasn't ready. In the first few months of our relationship, he had said it didn't matter, that he wanted me, not sexual pleasure. Though now, after a year, he pressured me more and more, often abusing me when I refused. He didn't resemble the guy I had fallen for anymore. 

I hadn't even expected him to remember it, but when he had called me up at dot midnight to wish me, and then told me he was taking me out the next day to celebrate, I was so pleasantly surprised that I couldn't help but think that maybe he hadn't changed after all.

If I had only known how wrong I was....

I spent an hour getting ready the next day, trying to look my best. He showed up a few minutes after seven to pick me up. As we cruised down the road, I asked him. 

"So where are we going?"

"Oh someplace. You'll like it."  Was the only reply I got, along with a smirk. 

After a quarter of an hour, we pulled up outside a hotel. Dinner was wonderful. 

As soon as I had finished my desert, he paid the bill, and taking my hand, led me  to the elevator. 

"Wha..what are you doing?" 

"Just come with me."

We got off on the 4th floor and he produced the key to a room from his pocket, and gently led me inside. Once inside he immediately started to undress.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"  I almost shouted, shocked. 

"What do you think? It's high time we move past kissing, don't you think?" He answered, with a hint of laughter in his voice, as he moved closer to me dressed only in his jeans. 

"No. I told you. I'm not ready." I said as I took a step back from him. 

"What the fuck is your problem, you bloody -----? Don't you love me? Or is all of this just a fucking game?" 

"I'm...I'm sorry. I can't. I just can't. I do love you. You know that. But I--" 

"Save it. I'm leaving." And he grabbed his shirt and coat from the ground and left the room, slamming the door behind him. 

*end of flashback*

As i stared at the closed door, the moisture started welling up behind my eyelids.  Till now everything had been so amazing. I just wanted to wake up from this nightmare. 

"Aria? Are you okay?" Niall's voice brought me back to reality. Looking into Niall's eyes, I could see sincerity, but I still couldn't make myself tell him the truth about everything.

All I could tell him was that Tom had cheated on me. 

 After I fianally finished my narrative, I felt so... Light. Like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Even though this was only a part of my story, i felt Like I was finally free... free of chains I didn't even inow existed. Quietly Niall got up from his stool and enveloped me into a hug, his eyes saying everything that words could not. 

Author's note: thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you liked it. Sorry I can't say anymore right now cause I'm just crying too much. If you liked it please VOTE AND COMMENT.