Chapter 15

ARAI'S POV

As Niall climbed in beside me, and we set off once more, I felt my heart start beating loudly, like it was the drummer in a rock song. Smiling at him, I prayed he couldn't hear it. He shifted a bit, to sit in a more comfortable position, and his arm brushed against mine, and our legs were pressed against each other, making my whole body tingle. Louis started a conversation with Eleanor and Zayn, but instead of listening to them, I felt my mind wander. 

Somehow, the experience in nando's was a kind of wake up call for me. I had almost forgotten that Niall and all the other boys were world famous pop stars, with millions of girls crazy about them. Till this afternoon, a small part of me had hope that maybe, maybe someday Niall would fall for me too. But seeing the girl in the eatery had reminded me that the chance of that ever happening was next to zero. There were so many other prettier, thinner, interesting girls out there who loved him. Who was I in comparison to them? 

I sighed, as I thought of how stupid I had been thinking that Niall Horan could ever like me. I couldnt compare in any way to his other fans, and I knew that if I fell for him now, I would just end up hurting myself. My thoughts were interrupted by a gentle voice. 

"Aria, what's wrong?" Niall asked me.  How could ever I tell him? I wondered, meeting his soft gaze. When I didn't answer and just looked away, I felt his arm snake around my shoulder, holding me and making me turn towards him. "You know I'm always here for you, no matter what, don't you?" He asked, the softness of his voice almost making my heart melt. Somehow, despite everything I had been thinking, and despite my better judgement, I found myself wanting to believing him. The afternoon sun was shining, making me drowsy, especially after the large meal. 

"Yes." I answered in almost a whisper, and Niall pulled me closer to himself, his arm still wrapped around me. And before I could control myself, I rested my head against his chest, and closed my eyes. Within minutes, the rumble of the car and Niall rubbing soothing circles in my back had lulled me to sleep. 

NIALL'S POV

There was something troubling Aria. That much was obvious. But it hurt me so much that she didn't want to talk about it, that I couldn't help her. Soon after she had fallen asleep on my shoulder, Liam had switched with Harry, and had promptly dozed off in the passenger seat. El and dani were also out cold. While Zayn and Louis were in deep discussion about something, and Harry was focusing in driving, I sneaked in a look at Asia. She was snuggled cozily against my chest, and the corners of her mouth were slightly upturned, as if she was smiling. In her sleep, she looked so peaceful, so beautiful. 

"Ahem..." Zayn's voice interrupted me, making me look up quickly, blushing. Both he and Louis were smiling, and I could see Harry grinning in the rear view mirror.  

"So. what's new with you and Aria? Please tell me you've asked her out." Louis asked me, shifting a bit to cuddle up to El, who was asleep on his lap. 

"Nothing." I answered quickly, the disappointment evident in my voice. 

"Boy, you sure have it bad for her." Commented Zayn, wiggling his eyebrows at me and chuckling. 

"Hey softer, she'll hear you!" I protested, worriedly looking down at aria. Thankfully she was still deep in slumber. Looking up again, I saw that all three of them were grinning at me.  Sadly, I had to tell them the truth and burst their little bubble. 

"But it doesn't matter. She won't like me like that anyway." Immediately the look on their face changed to complete astonishment, staring at me like I was the dumbest person on the planet. The silence was broken by Harry. "Are you blind, or just stupid?"

"Huh? Wha--"

"I mean can't you see how perfect you are? Can't you see how much Aria-"

But before he could go any further, a sudden movement by the gorgeous girl sleeping in my arms stopped him. For a second I though she was awake, and my heart almost stopped, thinking that she had heard everything. Thankfully, it seemed to be nothing, just a dream, and in a moment she was deep in dreamland again. Taking this as a sign to not talk about Aria right now, I told the guys I'd discuss it later, and then slowly felt myself being overtaken by sleep. 

I woke up a couple of hours later, finding Aria's arms wrapped loosely around my waist, and she was almost curled up in a ball. The only one awake other than me was Louis as it was his turn to drive. 

"Nice to have someone else alive. The others are out cold!" he joked. Chuckling, I once again looked at aria. Then, without thinking anymore, I put arms around her too, pulling her closer, and not giving a shit about Louis' smirk, went right back to sleep, snuggling against her.

 When I woke next, It was 6 and we had almost reached the campsite. The sky was a slowly turning a lovely shade of red as the sun started setting.  Most of the other guys were up too, except zayn (That boy could sleep like a rock.) Due to some delay, Ed would be arriving tomorrow, so for tonight it was just us. 

In a few minutes, we had arrived at the campsite.as Liam pulled up at the end of the road, I could see the white sand on the beach sparkle in the setting sun light. Thanks to his excellent planning, there were already 5 tents set up, barely meters away from the lapping waves of the magnificent ocean. The place was simply beautiful. 

"Hey, wake up aria. We're here." I softly whispered, gently shaking her arm. When she didn't wake up, I tried again, but she just mumbled something and snuggled even closer. 

By now everyone was up except her and Zayn. The boys had done almost everything they could to wake him up, and none of them had the heart to pour water on him, so, as the girls and Liam were taking our stuff out from the van, Harry and Louis grabbed Zayn by either ends and lifted him up, and heaved him across, before dumping him in the sand. This finally woke him up, and while he chased both of them, cussing, I thought of a plan too. 

Gently I shifted my hands so that I was holding her in a firm grip, and then got out of the car, holding her bridal style. Chuckling, I quickly walked towards the ocean, carrying a now stirring Aria. 

When I reached the edge, I didn't stop but kept on going in till I was knee deep in the water. Then, I stood and waited as I saw a wave approach us, ready. 

ARIA'S POV

I had been had been dreaming happy dreams, when I suddenly felt something drench me entirely, making we wake up with a start.  Shrieking, I tried to jump up, but to my surprise found myself unable to do so, because of a pair of hands holding me firmly in their grip. Looking up, I saw that I was in the arms of the most beautiful boy I had ever seen. 

Before I could process that vital piece of information, another wave hit us, and I screamed out once again. 

A/N:

thanks so much for reading! :D I hope you liked this chapter(: for once I updated when I said I would. Haha. 

VOTE/COMMENT/SHARE/ADD TO YOUR READING LISTS! :D

The picture in the sidebar is what I imagine Aria looks like. Sometime when I get time I'll edit it to make it more accurate. 

The video is the cover of "Change my mind", which has been made me and a friend of mine(: I'd greatly appreciate it of you could check it out!

Xoxo

Gari