Dinner plans

ARIA's POV

 It had now been a week since I had first moved to Chelsea, and the seven days had just whizzed past me, in the frenzy of meeting my employers, seeing the office I would be joining in 2 months, figuring out a new city and just settling in my aunt's massive house. I had called up my mom to assure her that I had settled in properly and was ok, and my brother had rung me up to confirm that I was still alive,and in one piece. He had offered to drive up to my house the day after tomorrow to see me, and ofcourse I had accepted. I had also been paid a visit by one of my oldest friends, whom I had gone to school with. Eva Sanders was a year older to me but she had still been one of my closest friends, and it had been a year since I had last seen her, at my graduation. She had moved to London recently, to work in a management company, so it had been really nice to catch up.

 Keeping busy had helped me cope with the fact that Tom really didn't give a fuck about me anymore. I had realized that it helped if I didn't think about him and all his bullshit. The only thing that brought me down a bit was that I hadn't been able to meet Danielle or Niall or any of the lads in the last week.

  The boys had been pretty busy too. They had a book signing, several sessions in the recording studio ,and numerous practices for their upcoming tour. Sure I'd waved to Danielle when I had seen her crossing the street, and Niall and I used text almost every day. His texts were also one of the things responsible for keeping me sane after all that was happening, with my break up and the house moving and everything. Even Harry would sometimes send me a text that would inevitably make me laugh, but it had been a whole seven days since I had spent time with them. They, especially Niall, had been so nice to me and had helped me so much by making me feel at ease in a new neighborhood and a new city, and I wanted to reciprocate it. It was finally Friday now, and thanks to Derek, my brother, I knew exactly how to do it.

 It was about 7 in the evening when I sent a text to Danielle asking if everyone was home. When I got an answer in the affirmative, I just  wrote the words "see u in a minute." and stepped out of the door, locked the house and in barely  30 seconds found myself ringing their doorbell. Almost immediately the door was opened for me by a sleepy Harry who had just been rudely awakened by Louis. "Oh hey aria! Long time no see huh?" He said as he pulled me into a hug, almost choking me. "Hey!!" Louis protested, having suddenly appeared, seemingly out of nowhere "How could you do that to me Harry? How could you cheat on your one and only love?" He said,feigning a hurt and disappointed look. As Harry (finally) let go of me, chuckling, Louis came and hugged me too and said that he was glad to see me. As I made my way in towards the living room, I saw Zayn, Eleanor and Niall sitting on one of the sofas, watching X factor. At least Zayn and Eleanor were watching the show. Niall on the other hand had dozed off and was quietly snoring with his mouth slightly open. Somehow even this made him look cute, and for an unexplainable reason just seeing him made me feel all fluttery, if you know what I mean.

 The sound of my footsteps made them realize that there was someone else in the room and they immediately got up to 'welcome' me. Zayn greeted me with a "Hey Ariaaaaa!" and giving me a quick hug, got settled back on the couch. Eleanor was next to say hi to me, and soon she had also joined Zayn, Harry, and Louis on the sofa, their eyes glued to the TV. That's when Niall finally woke up, sensing that something was going on.

 NIALL'S POV

 I didn't realize when I had drifted off to sleep, while watching an X factor rerun. Suddenly some laughter and voices of people saying hello woke me up. Zayn was the one who was laughing, and I could see Eleanor hug someone. For a second I felt pretty disoriented, not understanding what was going on, but as soon as I saw who Eleanor was hugging, I snapped right back to my senses and immediately got up from the couch. Seeing me move, everyone's eyes looked at me "Welcome back to living Niall!" Harry joked as I went over to Aria, making me and everyone else laugh.

I had just said "hi!" to her and given her a hug, when Danielle's voice, coming from the top of the stairs forced me to let go of Aria.

  "ARIA! You're here!" Danielle exclaimed excitedly, coming over and engulfing her in a huge hug. Liam followed behind her and as he too gave Aria a hug muttered in mock anger "I swear she gets happier seeing you than she ever gets when she sees me!" making all of us go into a fit of laughter.

Somehow everyone found a place to sit down and soon the room was buzzing with laughter and chatter. Suddenly I smelt a familiar scent, which was immediately followed by Aria coming and sitting down beside me, smiling sweetly. But before I even had a chance to ask her how she was feeling, she said loudly "Ok everyone, the real reason I'm here is to invite all of you over for dinner day after. I'm so glad I met all of you so this is a way for me to show it!" And all at once everyone started talking and agreeing that it was a great idea.

 ARIA'S POV

 Later that night, after returning home, I plopped down in the front of the TV, and couldn't help myself from smiling at the memories of the past 6 hours. They had flown by so fast that I couldn't believe that it was already past 1.

After they had excitedly accepted my invitation to dinner, all of us had turned our attention back to X factor, and when the show ended, we got in a huge argument about I don't even remember what. What I do remember is that it ended with Zayn picking up a cushion and hitting Louis, and Eleanor and me practically rolling about laughing! Then, on Harry's suggestion, we had all grabbed our drinks (and Niall, his guitar) and went to sit by the pool, enjoying the lovely night, just talking and laughing and the boys occasionally singing. Niall had already ordered Indian takeout (my all time favorite) and within minutes of its arrival we had finished it. Niall and I together probably ate more than what all the others had eaten! I must say everyone was pretty surprised at the fact that I could keep up with the Irish lad in eating. Sometime after this Niall (who was sitting next to me) had started a conversation with me about our favorite singers. With every new name that was mentioned, he would sing a few lines of the singer's signature song, making a parody of those singers he didn't like.

 After a little while I had almost forgotten about the fact that there were other people sitting next to me. All I heard was his gorgeous voice singing a very squeaky and funny version of an Enrique Iglesias song, his rich laughter mixing with mine, and somehow I couldn't keep my eyes away from him for long.

 There was something weird going on with me, but the problem was I just couldn't figure out what it was. Just being next to Niall had made me feel happier and more relaxed than I had been all week. When Niall had hugged me goodbye, I had felt so...safe. Like I had known him forever. As I had stood there with his arms around me, I had felt something that I hadn't felt in a long time, something I was unable to recognize. Instinctively an answer had popped into my head, but I dismissed it immediately, thinking that it was just too improbable.

 Surely I couldn't have fallen for Niall Horan, an international popstar I had just met 8 days ago, barely a week after I had broken up with my boyfriend?

AUTHOR'S NOTE: once again, thank u all so much! I love you all so much for reading my fan fiction. I hope you liked this chapter. (: I'll update as soon as I can. There is actually a cover of Niall singing an Enrique Iglesias song, which absolutely hilarious and cute(: