Chapter 17

ZAYN'S POV

It was plain to see that there was something wrong. Niall had entered the tent him and me were sharing without the usual smile adorning his face. And when instead of grabbing his guitar or a can of beer he just lay down in his sleeping bag and stared at the ceiling, I knew it was serious. I wondered what could have happened in the mere 20mins while I had been on the phone with Perrie. The others had already come back from their walk and had gone to their tents. 

Louis and Harry were sharing, the girls were in another one, and Liam would be sharing with Ed when he came tomorrow. For tonight he would be sleeping in our tent, though at the moment he was with harry and Lou to give me some privacy to talk to my girlfriend. 

Perrie had called just as Aria had raced off towards the huge ocean to get away from us, and I knew that Niall would appreciate the alone time with her, so I had walked back to the tent to talk to her. Besides I missed her. 

"Darling, I have to go. I'll call you later, yeah? Love you." I immediately got off the phone, and went and sat down next to Niall.

"Hey, what's wrong?" 

"Nothing. Everything. I'm just so stupid.... I ruined everything!" He replied, sitting up in frustration, his voice an octave higher than usual. 

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked, concerned. 

"I just... I'm such an idiot! I had one thing and I messed it up!" 

"Hey...its okay. It couldn't be that bad." I tried to console him, though it clearly wasn't working. 

"Thanks for trying to make me feel better but I think I'm just gonna go to sleep." He replied, laying down again. I could see the hurt in his eyes, and it broke me to see him this way. I loved him like a brother and I wanted to make him feel better, but I knew that at that moment the best thing I could do was give him some space. 

As he turned to his side and snuggled in deeper, I got the hint and stood up. 

"I'm gonna go for a small walk, yeah? I'll be back soon." And I quickly grabbed my jacket and my phone and went out of the tent. Checking my watch I saw that it was almost midnight. 

I thought I'd join the others and was about to turn in the direction of Harry's tent when a small figure huddled near the now extinguished fire caught my attention. At that precise moment the moon shone through the clouds, illuminating her petite outline. I could easily make out that it was Aria. She sat facing the large black ocean, with her back to me. 

Puzzled, I walked towards her. Something told me that everything was not alright. 

ARIA'S POV

The only thing I felt now was anger.

When I had entered my tent, I had hoped to find it empty, that the girls were still somewhere on the beach. But this just didn't seem to be my night because instead I had found both of them in, talking and laughing. I had barely been able to hold back my tears long enough to make a lame excuse about having to call my brother to take care of a few things and having to leave the tent. They were about to say something, probably noticing my obviously shaken up state, but at that exact moment Harry, Louis, and Liam decided to gatecrash our tent, diverting the attention away from me. Without wasting another moment I slipped out, though not before noticing the concerned look Harry shot me. Thankfully he didn't follow me out.

All I wanted at that moment was to be alone. 

Which is why I now found myself sitting on the soft sand, my head in my arms, confused thoughts floating around in my mind. My tears had stopped now, but just barely. I was so full of rage that I was sure I'd break down again at the slightest stimulus.