Chapter 41

Chapter 41

That weekend, Joshua and I went out. As we walked through Prudential Center, fingers intertwined, I ran through my plan in my head. All I have to do is get Joshua to sleep with me, which should be easy considering I am his girlfriend and we've slept together before. But, everything about it seemed wrong. I've never tried any variation of a honey trap before. I've tried convincing myself this isn't a honey trap, but it feels like one. I'm a girl seducing my boyfriend for information...oh why can't my life be normal?

"You okay, Ember? You seem quiet." Joshua asked, bringing our locked hands up to his lips to kiss my knuckles.

I forced and smiled and did what I do best. Lie.

"Yes, I'm fine. Just tired. Amber kept me up all night watching The Notebook and The Vow and stupid chick flick movies."

Joshua chuckled, bumping my shoulder with his. I forced a smile again. I hate myself for planning what I have to do. He won't be happy when he finds out...if he does.

"You've never been a fan of those." Joshua said as he sagged me into a corner and wrapped his arms around my waist.

I smiled for real, wrapping my arms around his neck and pressing my forehead against his. He smelled amazing, like a new cologne and soap. His hair was still slightly damp from a recent shower. Suddenly, his lips were on mine and he was kissing me like there was no tomorrow. A little kid behind us ew-ed. Joshua chuckled against my mouth, bringing his hand up to cup my face.

"I love you, Joshua. I always will. Please don't forget it."

Joshua pulled away, staring down into my face.

"I love you too, sweetheart. Are you sure something isn't wrong? If this is about me not telling you-"

I cut him off by placing my finger over his lips. I smiled. His eyes sparkled with love and his arms tightened around my waist. Suddenly, he leaned in to whisper into my ear. His hot breath tickled it, sending chills through me. I felt sick with guilt. 

"Do you think there's enough time for me to ravish you before we have to go back to BU?"

I pretended to think, while really trying not to throw up. My stomach churned nervously. I didn't think it would take this short of time. I just hope he understands when he finds out. I can't afford to lose him. My heart would break too much.

"I think you have just enough time." I whispered seductively back.

Suddenly, he took that as incentive enough because he dragged me away with him to the nearest hotel. Here we go. I tried not to faint from the guilt I felt. It ate at my insides, leaving me feeling empty and hollow and gross. I love you, Joshua. I do. I thought as he booked us a room. Why...never mind. 

(This was an awkward chapter to write. So, what do you think will happen? Will Joshua find out her plan? Will he be mad? No spoilers! Vote and comment! Sorry for any mistakes! Typed this on my iPod.  Love y'all!)