Chapter 43

Chapter 43

"Oh My God, look Joshua." I said breathlessly as I landed on top of the Prudential Tower. 

Joshua steadied himself on the cement roof before glancing over the side of the building. I gaped at the beautiful skyline. The blue sky against the skyscrapers with the harbor in sight. The golden dome of the State House glinted in the sun. Suddenly, a choked sound escaped Joshua's throat as he back away from the railing and up against a wall. I walked over to him.

"Babe?" I asked, ruffling my wings to shake off some of the condensation from flying into the clouds. 

Joshua shook his head, looking like he was about to have a heart attack. I crouched down next to him, reaching out to rub his back. Suddenly, three black clad figures with wings black as night landed on the roof. I shot up, standing in front of Joshua protectively. My wings spread outward to their full wingspan. The crisp white reflected the sunlight, making them blindingly bright. Unfortunately, the three Dark Angels seemed unfazed. Joshua seemed to get over his fear of heights, because he grabbed my arm and stood besides me. One of the Dark Angles gave a curt laugh, stepping forward. He removed his mask.

"Oh, Miss Rhinehart, how sweet. Your fiance is finally learning how to make himself part of this relationship."

I growled low in my throat. Taking a step forward, I got into position to fight. With less than a second to react, one of Eyal's team threw themself at me. We collided and I fell backwards, wrestling with him. Joshua took on the other one. I kicked and scratched and punched aimlessly, despite all my training. Out of my peripheral, I saw Eyal and his other partner grab Joshua and pin him to the wall.

"Get your hands off him, you goddamn bastards!" I screamed, losing focus for only a minute. 

My opponent took this time to swing my arm behind my back and pin me next to Joshua. I gasped at the sharp pain that shot through me. The next thing I knew, I was out cold and being carried upwards into the clouds. The last thing I saw was someone else swoop in next to the men. Then a familiar voice whispered, "I'm sorry, Ember." If I hadn't blacked out, I would have slapped the person. It was Amber. 

(AMBER? *gasp* Vote and comment! Sorry, it sucks! Next chapter will be better!)