Blind Date #43

Before we start I am switching this story over to this account!

I love my friends, but when it comes to my troubled love life, they need to stay out of it. Just because my best friend, Kelly, has the perfect boyfriend Mitch, doesn't mean I'm not perfectly happy with being the crazy cat lady. But, I am allergic to cats and dogs. So i'll be the crazy goldfish Lady.

.
Kelly and Mitch always set me up on blind dates. Once they set me up with a hotdog vendor. He took me to a fancy restaurant and kept talking about how some kid puked in his hotdog cart. He kept saying I think there was a baby hand in there! I spent the rest of the dinner trying to keep my insides from spewing out.

I had a lot of bad blind dates. We basically go to the same restaurant every date so the owners know my name and every time I walk in they ask me how things went with my recent date, like an embarrassing family.

I hear a knock on my apartment door and then Kelly's voice.

"Open Up Sadie!" She yells.

I walk up to the door and then lean against it.

"Who is it?" I tease.

"Its the Pizza Man! Now open up!" She says.

I laugh and open the door. She was alone which was really strange because if she is setting me up with a date Mitch is always with her.

"Mitch is setting up the other half of the date if you were wondering." She says. Stepping into my apartment.

"No! I just thought you were going to actually visit me like a normal friend." I say closing the door behind her.

"Pfft bitch please! If I was normal we wouldn't be friends!" She says even though I tell her the walls of my apartment are thin and a five year old lives next door. And every time she yells like that I get in trouble for it.

"True." I say. "So you are setting me up on another blind date?" I ask falling back-first on the couch.

"Yeah! And I promise it'll be better than the last time. Lucky num-" I cut her off.

"I swear if you say lucky number 43 I will jump out that window." I point to a half opened window just waiting for me to jump.

"Ok, I get it!" She says. She sits down next to me and leans in close. "So whatcha going to wear?" She says smiling.

I get up and go to the bathroom and lock myself in it. But knowing kelly for ten years she'll wait for me. She always does.