Love Without Tragedy -

U N E D I T E D C H A P T E R

Damon's Pov

Well this 'Break' couldn't get any better. Bumping into my wife who I haven't seen for 2 years, then finding out she had a child with another man. Life really sucked. Why is this happening to me? Out of everyone?  Was this a punishment? Everyone that I loved chose Stefan and this one girl that chose me after everything that I did, threaten her family, kill her brother, she still loved me and married me.

The whole ride back to Mystic Falls all I could see was the image of Victoria's angelic face, when I put her in her bed how she didn't want to be alone, how she wanted to find the father of her son, it was tearing at my heart.

It pained me to see her like that, hurt and broken. But I had to put up a wall, I knew I hurt her feelings telling her to go back to her friends when we were at the restaurant but it was for her own good. If I let her walk into my life again, it would be harder for me to walk away. 

The flight attendances on the plane flirted with me, like always. Why  couldn't they see that i was not interested in them? So I fed off one of them and snapped the other one that asked me if I wanted to have sex with her, which made Stefan and Elena burst at me. But i didn't care.  

We had arrived in Mystic Falls a couple of hours ago and I was drunk. Sitting on my bed looking at the picture that I had of my princess. 

I was surprised that I didn't go on a killing rampage. Why did life have to be so complicated? Why did love have to be so painful? I had a hole in my heart when Katherine ripped my heart out claiming her love for Stefan. But Victoria filled up that hole when i first met her. It was like love at first sight.

My phone buzzed in my pocket signalling that I had received a message; I pulled my phone out and rolled my eyes it was a text from Elena.

Elena - I'm going to the grill wanna join? 

Damon - No.

My answer was easy and simple. Since when did Elena care so much about me? I shook my head and scrolled down my contacts list and stopped at Victoria's name. Should I call? Does she still have the same number?

Screw it I thought to myself as I pressed the call button waiting for an answer, after 3 rings the phone picked up, making my eyes widen.

"Hello", no words would come out of my mouth, it was Victoria she still had the same number. "Hello...Umm anyone there? " I couldn't do this anymore, I was making it hard for myself, I ended the line.

I stood up and threw the bottle of Bourbon on the wall screaming in frustration, why did love have to be so hard? So painful?

I walked into the bathroom and striped down and walked into the shower, letting the hot water run down my body. I ran a hand through my hair in frustration, there was only one solution to this all. Turning it off, but I couldn't, I tried so hard to but I couldn't. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't because of what I feel for her.

-----

Elena's Pov

Thinking that It would be fun to go to New York for a couple of days, then meeting my sister who I haven't seen for 2 years, and to top it off I found out that I had a nephew. Just great my life couldn't get any better.

I realized when we were at the restaurant that Stefan couldn't keep his eyes of Victoria; his eyes were full of lust and love. What the hell was that on about, why was Stefan looking at my sister like that? Did he have feelings for her? An actual smile lit up on his face when he saw Victoria, I thought it was fake but I was wrong.

Life really sucks, Jeremy is in Denver, Jenna and Alaric are busy with their own lives since they got married and im stuck with the Salvatore brothers, I have an evil slut doppelgänger running around town, popping up to stir some trouble whenever she felt like it.

Why did life have to be so hard? I mean why did the Salvatore's have to come to town, not that im complaining im happy that I met Stefan, just why did they have to come to town cause of them and their trouble those Hybrids are after my sister.

I walked into the Grill with a smile looking around, my smile faded immediately when I spotted Stefan and Katherine at the pool table smiling and laughing. I felt anger looking at both Stefan and Katherine; I mostly felt rage for Stefan for having his arms around Katherine's waist.

I began to walk towards them I had to keep calm "Stefan?" I was confused, why was he with her?

He looked up at me a little nervous "Hey" he smiled "Why are you here with her?" I pointed at Katherine who was smirking evilly. "Oh here comes saint Elena to spoil the mood" Katherine stepped in, which made me glare at her.

"Well Katherine I guess I have the right since my so called boyfriend has his arms all over you" I spat I just wanted to rip her head off.

"He's teaching me to play pool. Do you have a problem with that?" she smirked "Actually I do, since you're a 500 year old vampire...im sure you know how to play" I gave her an icy glare.

"Well unfortunately how could I resist when I have such a handsome teacher" she stroked Stefan's abs flirtatiously. Finally Stefan moved Katherine's hands off him "Elena it's just a game of pool".

"Yeah I know that Stefan but you didn't need to put your arms all around her "I glared at Katherine as she was smirking.

"Stefan I think you need to lose your jealous girlfriend" Katherine teased she loved winding me up. "Katherine please you're not helping" Stefan looked at Katherine who was arching her brow and smiling innocently

"Well you playing pool isn't something that would normally happen since Stefan hates you...Tell me the real reason why your back in town" I was ready to charge at her, but me being a human I could easily get hurt.

"Cupcake mine and Stefan's relationship status went from complicated to BFF, Didn't you get the memo?" Katherine shoots and sunk the ball and turned around to Stefan "How was that handsome?" she smiled at him.

"Umm...great shot Kat...Elena you ok you seem a little annoyed" was he really asking that question? "Are you serious asking that question Stefan? You're playing with your ex pool while your arms are all around her"

"Take it easy Elena you know I don't think of Katherine that way" he smiled at her, what the was happening? "Yeah he opted for the better version of me, I bet you both have so much fun" Katherine smiled at Stefan sweetly.

"Have you been drinking vervain?" that was the only question Klaus hated me he probably compelled Stefan to act like this! "Katherine you're not wanted here, why don't you go back to running from Klaus" she glared at me which made me smirk.

"You really think im going to let you tell me to run along...Ha-ha Elena Gilbert finally got some sense of humour" she smiled wickedly at me, I wanted to take her heart in my hand and squeeze it until she couldn't breathe.

"Katherine could you please give Elena and I a moment" Stefan looked at Katherine. "Guess im not boring anymore" I smiled bitterly at her "Why don't you go somewhere else so me and Stefan can talk"

"Let me give you a piece of advice Elena, no one likes a jealous girlfriend, even sweet Stefan" she smiled widely at him before walking over to the bar. "What got you all uptight?" Stefan looked at me in confusion.

"What got me all uptight was the fact that you were with your ex-girlfriend, I should be uptight" I sneered at him, god why was he being an ass?

"Elena you're really taking it all the wrong way, Katherine and I are trying to move on from the past, you know people can change" please tell me that this isn't happening Katherine always loved Stefan and if him and her are 'moving' on from the past that means something is going to happen.

"That didn't sound like that a few weeks ago when you and Damon were trying to kill her" it was the truth 2 weeks ago they were trying to kill Katherine but failed miserably as she was a 500 year old Vampire. "Look I know you do not like this but everyone deserve a second chance Katherine, doesn't want any more trouble and I believe her"

"You believe Katherine? Since when did that happen? Katherine has always been a manipulative liar" what the hell was happening since when did Stefan and Katherine 'move' on from the past?

"Since I decided to give her a chance, Elena come on I don't want to argue" he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him "I'm sorry that I've upset you" really he was sorry now?

I pulled away really he was apologizing now "Like you care...just go back to Katherine im sure she's happy that were fighting" I walked away and he intercepted me "Elena please I don't like to argue with you" he leant down and kissed me, as much as I wanted to kiss him back I had to pull away after everything he did and stood up for Katherine he wants things to go back to normal.

"Then you didn't have to stick up for her!" I had a plan forming through my mind, I know im going to regret doing this but it's for the best right? I just need everything to turn out the way that I want so Stefan can believe me that Katherine Pierce is a manipulative liar. "I got to go" I smiled at him pecking his lips and walking out of the grill.

"Elena" I heard him call out I ignored it and started to walk home. After getting showered and dressed I booked a flight to Denver for a couple of house. I just hope this plan would work. I grabbed my keys and walked out of the house driving to the airport.

After 4 hours of being in a flight with an annoying little kid behind me kicking my chair I finally arrived at Denver. After grabbing my small carry-on bag I made my way to my Grandparents house that Jeremy was living in since they had died a couple of years ago. I knocked on the door after a couple of seconds hearing heavy footsteps.

I smiled when the door opened to reveal a very moody Jeremy with an Xbox remote in his hand "Hey" he looked at me with a big smile "Elena, What are you doing here?" I couldn't help but smile "I came to see you Jer" I hugged him tightly feeling his arms snake around my waist, I found his phone hanging loosely in his pants I slowly grabbed the phone until it was safe in my hands. Bingo!

"Oh...Ok im supposed to believe you that you came to Denver because you missed me?" I pulled away hiding the phone behind my back until it was safely put in my bag.

"Yep...look I don't have much time but I just wanted to check on you" I smiled at him god im gonna hate myself for doing this but for the best right?

"Really? You have only been here for less than five minutes what was the use of coming was?" The use of coming was for my plan to work! "Do you have time to at least play on game?" he held out the Xbox controller.

"Umm...Okay one quick game won't kill" I smiled taking the controller out of his hands, I had to make this quick I need my plan to work and to get back to Mystic Falls before Stefan and the others notice that I had gone off.

After half an hour of trying to leave Jeremy finally let me go and dropped me off at the airport as he didn't want his sister to be walking around by herself. I had finally arrived at Mystic Falls after another 4 hour flight, thankfully no annoying kid behind me.

The whole ride back to Mystic Falls I was nervously playing with Jeremy's phone in my hands, I just hope this plan would work. I was now sitting on my bed, deciding on whether I should do this. Screw it. I need to show Stefan that Katherine Pierce is a manipulative liar she can never be trusted.

I opened Jeremy's phone, luckily there was no passcode I scrolled down the list tagged my name typing in the message.

I have the young Jeremy Gilbert held hostage with me...If you want young Gilbert you'll have to come and get him...I need sweet Stefan to join me on a mission. If Stefan doesn't show up at 7pm at the Lockwood cellar young Jeremy Gilbert will be dead.

Love Katherine xxx