Wish You Were Here -

Victoria’s Pov

I woke up to the sound of my 2 year old son crying. Groaning, I got out of bed and walked down the hallway and into his room. I looked into the crib to see my little blue eyed child fussing. Gently, I picked him up and rocked him back and forth so he could quite down. I looked to the side table and saw it was 7:00am. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair; I walked down the stairs to make some breakfast and to make Ian his bottle.

The last two years of my life have been a blur. All I know is that I used to live in a small town with my parents, brother and sister, they died in a car crash and I’m the only one that survived. It was a summer night when I was in a small town which I didn’t know. I don’t know how I got there or what I was doing there but my memory was fuzzy, all I know was that I was in a coma when my family passed away.

The night when I found myself in the middle of now where, my bag was filled with money and my credit card was filled. I was just standing there in the middle of a road with loads of money; luckily I had my passport and other documents and made my way to the airport. It turned out I was in Atlanta in a small town called Mystic Falls.

I flew to Europe, Bulgaria to be exact for a couple of weeks for a little get away. Bulgaria was a very beautiful place with lots of sun. When my little holiday started I started to feel really dizzy and started to throw up. I went to one of the doctors and found out that I was 2 months pregnant. I had the choice to either keep the baby or have an abortion; I chose to keep the child. I don’t know how I got pregnant or who the father was because I haven’t slept with anyone since I found myself in Mystic Falls. I still thought it was a miracle and till this day I still think it’s a miracle.

I met a  girl in Bulgaria named Gabriella; she was the sweetest thing that was until i actually talked to her and apologized after i had punched her in the face the first night we met. She too was on a vacation; she originally came from New York. She had helped me a lot during my pregnancy and instantly we became best friends. Gabriella had to return to New York, so I decided to go with her and start my life in New York.

Gabriella literally begged me to live with her but I refused, even though we were best friends, I didn’t want to make her uncomfortable especially since I was going to give birth to my bundle of joy soon. Since I had lots of money I thought I would spoil myself and my baby, so I brought a Victorian house in Brooklyn and a black sports car.

When the time came to give birth, I was in hell. Gabriella was there to help me but the pain was still unbreable, I kept on crying wanting to give up but I knew that I couldn’t give up. After carrying a child for 9 months I wasn’t going to give up. When my baby came into this world the tears wouldn’t stop falling down my face. He was the most gorgeous baby I had ever seen. Gorgeous blue eyes, black raven hair. I just wish I knew the father of my beautiful child….I had named my beautiful child Ian; I had always loved the name Ian and the meaning to the name Ian, the gift of god.

I had a necklace around my neck with two rings on it. To me they looked like wedding rings and I had them from the moment I had found myself in Mystic Falls. I had never taken it off for some unknown reason and neither could I come to take it off. It felt as if it was something from my past -something from someone that loved me- and I knew if I took it off something will die inside of me.

Over the months Ian grew faster than any average baby which surprised me very much. He was learning how to talk and already started to walk and he was only two years old. Gabriella, being herself, came over every day checking up on me and Ian. Ian and Gabriella were all I had left. My life started to get better by the minute but I just wish I knew who the father of my child was. Gabriella would tell me to do a DNA test to find out who the father was but I was too scared to find out the father of my child. What if I find the father of my baby and he doesn’t want him? Maybe to him I was just a one night stand and he wouldn’t care less? So I thought I would leave it at that until I had full encouragement.

---

I walked into the living room and put Ian in his cradle while he was drinking his milk the doorbell rang, I made my way to the door. I opened the door to see Gabriella standing with a big smile and a bottle of rose wine in her hand, I smiled.

“Hey!” She said in her cheerful voice. “Hey” I greeted her with a smile as I hugged her; I opened the door as she walked in and closed it behind her, we walked into the living room together.

She smiled and squealed when she saw Ian. “Hey beautiful!” She cooed as she pecked his cheek and started to tickle him. I smiled putting the bottle of wine in the kitchen “So what’s the plan for today?” I asked Gabriella looked at me a wide smile on her face; I walked out of the kitchen into the living room.

“What are you thinking about” I poked her forehead; she laughed “Two words. Crony Island” I smiled widely “Yes! We need some sun and happiness” Gabriella looked at me sceptically before she poked my forehead “Are you alright?” I nodded my head, walking into the kitchen again Gab on my tail, I grabbed two champagne glasses. “Yes, why?” Gabriella looked at me sceptically as I opened the bottle of rose wine “It’s just that, you Victoria Gilbert is not complaining or making up excuses” I poured two glasses of rose wine in the champagne glasses before I spoke.

“It’s time; I let my hair down and have some fun.” Gabriella smiled “That’s my girl” she squealed “Im gonna text Beau” I nodded my head, I handed Gab her glass. I took a sip of my rose wine and moaned “This is delicious” Gab chuckled “Duhh, anyway Beau is going to be here in 30 minutes exactually” I nodded my head. “Okay, but I need to get showered, I stink”  

“Go get showered I’ll look after Ian and get him dressed.” She said and pulled Ian out of his cradle. “Okay... I won’t take long.” I said as I started to walk up the stairs. “Mummy!” Ian screamed, I laughed “Mummy’s coming back Ian” I smiled running up the stairs. “Don’t take too long” I rolled my eyes at Gabriella “Hey! Coney Island isn’t that long from here, it’s less than 15 minutes away” Gabriella shrugged “I know you idiot, I just don’t want to waste time and get to the fun!” I laughed and walked into my room; I walked into the bathroom and stripped down. I went under the shower head, the hot water running down my body which drowned all my worries away.

After a long shower and Gabriella constantly telling me to hurry up, I walked out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body. I dried my hair and body. I applied some light makeup -which was some eyeliner and mascara and a light shade of pink lip-gloss- put on a lime green knitted shirt with white laced shorts. I matched my clothing with lime green sandals and a white side bag. I packed a change of clothes for Ian and all the necessary stuff that he would need.

I could hear Ian and Gabriella’s laughs from the room, which made me smile; a part of me ached wishing I knew who was the biological father of my son, but I knew that would never happen. He might have been a one night stand but I could try to love him just for the sake of my child, I would try to make us a family. A single tear fell from my face from the pain of knowing that my child is never going to get to know who his father is.