Can't Let Her Go

Damon’s Pov

I walked out of Jeremy’s room after telling him how I watched Anna die. In all honestly I wanted to help her, but I couldn’t. The vervain in my system was far too strong for me to overpower it.

Walking down the stairs and out the door, I looked up to see Victoria walking up to the porch a dress in her hands.

"What are you doing here?" Victoria looked puzzled, clearly she wasn’t happy.

Failed at the feeble attempt of doing the right thing.” I mumbled closing the door behind me.

"Which was..?" Victoria trailed off raising an eyebrow.

"It's not important. Let me take this for you.” I walked up to Victoria taking the dress out of her hands; I put it on the chair near the door.

“Thank you” turning around I looked at Victoria.

She was beautiful. And she saved me…which meant in my case there was something going on because Victoria Gilbert despised me.

"I came into this town wanting to destroy it, you know. Tonight, I found myself wanting to protect it.” I paused looking up at Victoria who was ready to talk.

“How does that happen? I'm not a hero Victoria. I don't do well. It's not in me." I avoided eye contact with her.

"Maybe it is." I looked up at Victoria and shook my head.

"No. it's reserved for my brother, and you...and Bonnie...who, even though she has every reason to hate me, still helped Stefan save me."

Folding her arms across her chest, Victoria looked at me "Why do you sound so surprised?”

"Because she did it for you. This means that somewhere along the way, you decided that I was worth saving.” I paused stepping towards Victoria.

“And I want to thank you for that." I looked at Victoria who watched me carefully.

"You're welcome." Looking at Victoria, I watched as her eyes focused on mine.

Leaning down I kissed her on the cheek.

Her skin was so soft and delicate.

Moving my head away, I watched as Victoria looked at me. My eyes flickered down to her plumb lips, which were full and so tempting. I wanted to bite them so badly.

Looking back up I watched as Victoria’s eyes flickered down to my lips.

Watching the way Victoria looked at me, my eyes once again flickered down to her lips, I slowly moved closer in hesitation.

Leaning down I watched slowly as Victoria didn’t react, which only made me go even closer to her. About to pull away in hesitation, I looked back up at Victoria who stood there looking at me.

Pressing my lips against hers, I savoured the taste of Victoria’s lips just in case she would push me away.

I felt Victoria’s lips move until she pulled back a little, taking a breath she then pressed her lips against mine.

Lifting my hands up I cupped her face as Victoria’s hand came up to my chest. I pressed my lips tighter against hers tightly holding onto her face, savouring the sweet taste of her lips.

Just as I was about to wrap my arms around Victoria’s waist, I was pushed back. Looking at Victoria stunned I watched her eyes dangerously glowed.

“How dare you have the decency to kiss me? After everything you did to me you kissed me. How could you do this? Why would you do this to me?” Victoria suddenly screamed making me frown in confusion.