It's Not A Hallucination

Damon's Pov

After a 2 hour flight we finally landed in New York. The whole ride my gut was clenching, in the pit of my stomach I knew something is going to happen. The flight to NY was the longest flight that I have ever been on; especially when you have Caroline seated next to you and have every single girl drool over you.

I didn't care about the other girls that were trying to flirt with me; I only cared about Victoria no matter where she is, no matter how long it’s been. She was that one special girl that captured my heart. Caroline annoyed me the whole time with her perky voice and her "Ooos" and "Ahhss" so I snapped her neck which Elena and Stefan weren't happy about but it gave me some peace.

After going through security at the airport myslef and Stefan decided to hire a car. A taxi in New York wasn’t my style after filling in all the ‘paper work’ aka compelled the people at the car rent; we made our way to the Box hotel that Caroline booked us. That woman had everything planed out. We were staying at the Box Hotel in Brooklyn and our mini break was going to be at ‘Corny Island’ because Elena and Caroline wanted to go there, I really didn’t blame them. Coney Island is a fun place to go to for a bit of fun.

The worst part of this trip was finding out that I had to share a room with vamp Barbie. We were now in our hotel room, unpacking our things when Caroline's annoying voice started to speak. Here we go again I thought to myself "Okay, this is how it's going to work, you're going to sleep on the couch and im sleeping on the bed. Half of the shelving is mine and half is yours."

I looked at her with a raised eyebrow she doesn't boss me around "Listen here Barbie, I'm sleeping on the bed don't boss me around you too can sleep on the bed it's called sharing." I finished with a smirk "But I don't want to share with you, you're all manly and stinky and god I hate you!" I couldn't help but chuckle at the ‘manly and stinky part’ guess she forgot who she jumped in bed with on the first night….

“Well you're going to have to live with that and I guess you forgot who you jumped in bed with the minute you saw” I said with a smirk making barbie groan "Okay fine half is mine half is yours" she said in a whiny voice.

The door opened Elena and Stefan walked in holding hands, Elena wearing denim shorts with a blue tank top and Stefan wearing his usual pants and a grey singlet. "What are you guys doing?  Go get changed! We are not going to be staying here in our hotel rooms!" Elena said with a massive smile "You guys go im going to eat." I said I really wasn't in the mood for anything.

"I'm going to change" Caroline squealed I closed my eyes trying so hard to control myself  “Im going to kill her” Elena and Stefan both gave me disapproving looks. “No you're not. And you have already eaten, Damon. I know it's hard for you, actually it's hard for all of us, so go and get changed" Elena demanded, I rolled my eyes I started to unbuckle my pants "You guys staying for the show....?" I said with a smirk.

"No" Elena said as she dragged Stefan out of the room "Were waiting outside" I heard Elena's voice say as she closed the door. I changed into black pants and a grey shirt with my black leather jacket. I couldn’t stay in my clothes that I was currently wearing, they reeked.

Victoria's Pov

“Mummy! I want car” Ian whined as we walked around. Coney Island was lovely! I had been here a couple of times with Gab and Beau. Teenagers were eating fairy floss and popcorn as they laughed and little kids ran around laughing and smiling.

“You want car?” I asked again, Ian nodded his head his big blue eyes beaming with happiness “Okay” I kissed his forehead. I walked over to the mini car ride and payed for a ticket, apparently I had to ride with Ian because he was under the age of 3. I sat down the whole ride next to Ian smiling and laughing with my child.

After the ride was finished Ian wanted to go again, he cried and screamed but I said there were other rides that he could go on. Which made him finally stop crying. I walked around looking for Beau and Gab when I finally found Beau coming out of the photo booth. I laughed at him once he showed me the photos he had taken. The sun started to heat up and soon I was sweating “I need to cool down” I mumbled walking to the ice-cram trailer.

I looked at Ian who was slowly starting to fall asleep; I immediately told him that we were getting ice-cream. I couldn’t have him falling asleep right now, if he slept now there was a good chance that he would be up all night.

“Where is Gab?” Beau I asked I shrugged looking around when I spotted her talking to a guy and a girl.  They guy had bronze hair with leafy green eyes and the girl had long brown hair with brown eyes. I looked carefully at them and I could have sworn I've seen them somewhere but I couldn't put my finger on it. I paid my attention back to the ice-cream trailer and groaned when I saw how long the line was. I guess we were going to be here for a little while.

 Damon's Pov

"Who was that girl you were talking to" Caroline asked as Elena and Stefan walked back to our table "Looks like someone is jealous" I said in a teasing voice "Shut up" Caroline growled as she threw her plastic water bottle at me.

"Just a friend we met that's all" Elena said with a smile "What do you guys feel like doing now?" Stefan said "I feel like ice cream, it hot and I am really sweaty. You guys want to go and get some?" Elena asked as she stood up. “Im in" Caroline and Stefan said at the same time they looked at me raising their eyebrows "Ahhh fine" I said standing up.

We walked to the ice-cream trailer, walking past all the rides and teenagers. When we got closer to the trailer an overwhelming sensation came over me. I wasn't sure what it was but I just brushed it off. We lined up behind a girl who had blonde hair with brown streaks and a baby who looked around 2 years old.

From the looks of it she had a really hot body just the back reminded me of Victoria, the wind blew and a smell I haven't smelt for years surrounded me, the smell of rose and lavender mixed together with a perfume only one person I knew smelt like that, I looked around frantically hoping to see her but there was no one. I signed running my hand through my hair, great im smelling things now.

“Mummy” the blue eyed chid slid out of his mums hold. I looked at the child and wow was all I can say, he had crystal blue eyes and black raven hair, he could have passed as my child, but we all knew that vampires can’t procreate. The little kid turned around and smiled shyly at Elena and Caroline making the cooee at him I rolled my eyes.

“Hi” the little kid patted my leg, I smiled softly “Hey buddy” I ruffled his hair. He giggled for a couple minutes, held onto his mother’s shirt and went to walk off when he stumbled and tripped. Before he touched the ground I immediately caught him crouching down to steady him.

The blonde girl in front of us turned around quickly crouching down; I didn't get the chance to make out her facial features as her hair was covering her face. "Omg. I'm so sorry" she said as she tried to pick her son up, I swear I knew that voice. I had heard her voice a million times.

She picked her son up and as she was pulling him up my head knocked against hers, a cold shiver went down my back and sparks tingled inside of me. I groaned, that hurt. "I'm sorry" she said still looking down at the floor rubbing her head as she straightened up. "Ahhh" I said and rubbed my forehead, she picked up the child "Im sorry I wasn't looking where I was going" she said and looked up at me.

Everything around me froze; I heard gasps coming from Elena, Stefan and Caroline. There she was her big green eyes glistening in the sun, blonde her falling perfectly down her shoulders, light pink lips that were desirably.  There she stood the girl I've been dreaming of, the girl that I've been missing. The one girl that I can’t get out of my mind. I looked at her wishing this was all a dream, that I was hallucinating but boy was I wrong when I saw the two wedding rings handing around her neck.