Chapter 11

AN: Thank you for reading, please vote and comment! :)

I keep an eye on Kenneth as he and a bunch of other teens party. I watch as he drinks out of his red cup and dances to music. My friends and I stand awkwardly near the front of the house. Kenneth weaves further into the crowd of people and I crane my neck, trying to catch a glimpse of him. I soon lose track of where he is. I just hope he's O.K.

"Let's just go to the kitchen, there's probably food there," I shout over the music.

We snake our way through the crowd of drunk teens and towards the kitchen. The music is so loud, if it weren't for Kenneth I honestly wouldn't have come.

"Having fun?" Walter asks me as he reaches for the bowl of chips on the counter.

"Not really, how long do these parties usually last?" I ask. It's 9:15 so I hope it ends soon.

"Not quiet sure," Walter says shyly. I guess this is his first party too.

"They usually last all night and about half of the morning," Emily answers.

"Are you serious? Don't they need to sleep?" I ask my eyes wide from shocked.

"I think most at most parties they just sleep on the floor," Grace says hesitantly.

"Well I'm not sleeping on the floor when my house is right next door," I joke sarcastically.

We just stand near the counter and eat chips like losers.

"Let's go have fun," Emily says excitedly.

"I think I'm just going to stay here," I reply quietly. I'm not really interested in partying, I'm here for Kenneth. That's it.

"Are you sure?" Grace asks me.

"Yeah, you guys go have fun, I'll be right over here," I say pointing to the food. I need to stay away from the alcohol and stay sober in case Kenneth does something stupid.

"Aren't you coming Walter?" Grace asks hopefully.

"Sure, you'll be O.K. Right?" Walter asks me.

"Yeah, I'll just be here with the food," I say sheepishly.

"O.K. We'll be in the living room," Grace says as they all leave.

After about five minutes of eating chips I get bored, I don't even know why I came.

"What am I doing here?" I ask myself.

"What was that?" A tall blue eyed boy asks me.

"What? Oh, nothing, I was just saying these chips are really good," I answer awkwardly.

The boy gives me a weird look and walks over to me. Did I really just get caught talking to myself?

"Do you wanna go in the living room and dance?" He asks me.

"No, I don't really dance," I say standoffishly. I'm only here for Kenneth but he's lost in the middle of the crowd.

"You sure?" He asks me.

"Yeah, I'll be fine, just go back and enjoy the party," I say ending the conversation.

I should probably keep and eye on Kenneth so I get up and walk back to the living room. Someone hands me a red cup. I don't know what do with it so I just hold it. I look around the room and spot Walter, Grace, and Emily, they're dancing with all the other drunk kids.

"I got bored in the kitchen so I came out here," I shout over the music.

"Grant! Buddy! Glad you decided to join us!" Walter shouts, his words are all slurred. He is drunk.