Chapter 15 The Plan

The next morning Adrianna and Kaitlyn arrived at Sam's home. They were wearing their denim skirts from camping. "Sam, I've already talked to the manager of Pellawani's Lumber and just let him know what you need and it will be delivered."

"You're giving me cart blanch?"

"My sisters said I could trust you. Please start with the windows we couldn't get any of them to work."

"And some of the bedroom doors don't close," Adrianna added.

"I'm truly grateful for the work."

Sam was gone for only a few minutes when Ellie, Aliyah and Tiny arrived to collect Eryka. "Mom said you can help pick blackberries Eryka."

"She lets us eat them too!" Aliyah whispered. With that the girls were off and Jamie started to cry and Kaitlyn held the infant.

"Why did you have us dress like this Kay?"

"I thought we would clean. This place is a mess." They managed well, between infant care, the three girls coming in and out. Eryka needed a scrubbing and a change of clothing because of berry juice stains. They had the main room and kitchen scrubbed. By the end of the day.

"I was supposed to work in the clinic today, but you needed me more."

"We work well together Addie."

"Do you think Sam will notice?"

"Probably not at first, he is a man."

"A blockhead?" Adrianna laughed. "It was fun to be busy. Took my mind off James for a brief moment."

Sam walked into his home at the end of the day. He stopped dead looking confused as he looked about his home. He was speechless as he looked at the two smiling women. "We made you dinner Sam, leave your dirty clothes out tomorrow and we'll do the laundry," Kaitlyn said smiling. Sam just stood at the door mouth agape. "Good night Sam." They left without another word. As they crossed the road Adrianna spoke.

"Do you think he noticed?" They were giggling when they were met by Elodia.

"Ruby scratching like mad, I got this cream and you're going to do some dragon care basics Addie." Kaitlyn helped Elodia with dinner and Adrianna sat on the floor with Ruby gently applying skin cream while the little dragon made a sound somewhere between a moan and a purr.

"Does that feel better Ruby?"

"Chirrup."

"Odie when will Ruby start talking to me?"

"She's just a baby Addie."

"When she was in the egg she spoke quite well."

"My Pip was like that too. They seem to forget everything when they hatch."

"That's odd."

"Not really," Kaitlyn said joining the conversation, "human babies forget everything about their pre-birth life."

"What's there to remember?" Adrianna asked.

"I believe we existed before birth, and lived with heavenly parents," Kaitlyn said softly.

"We believe that too Kaitlyn," Elodia said, "we are born into forgetfulness traveling from a more exalted plane, I read that in a poem once."

"I've never thought about it," Adrianna said, "it does touch my heart when you talk about it."

"Has anyone talked to you about a temple marriage?" Elodia said.

"James and I are already married."