Chapter Twenty-Eight

"Y-You did what?"

I didn't mean for my voice to shake, but it was difficult to wrap my head around the fact that Prometheus had just informed me that the Titans were loose. Charon had been right, I realized in agony. The time outside the Labyrinth worked too quickly. How long had we been down here?

"Calm down," Prometheus said gently, but I could only gape at him incredulously as he came over to the table, making me wince as he passed through me to pick up the figurine of me, tossing it into the air before catching it, causing my stomach to churn, "I said some of the Titans were loose, but not many of them. Only the ones that managed to make it past the Olympians, who are currently fighting tooth and nail." I swallowed hard, struggling to breath as a cold chill swept through me at his words.

"Which Titans?" I managed to ask at last. Prometheus studied the figurine in his palm, stroking his finger over its face.

"Firstly, Epimetheus is loose, but he's in hiding to avoid Hermes and Athena, who are putting forth all their effort into finding him. How unfair to send the smartest of the Olympians after the stupidest Titan, I mean really," Prometheus added in irritation, then sighed and turned to face me, "Crius managed to esacpe, but I have no idea where he is. Last I saw, he was nearly beheaded, missing his left arm, and muttering something about an apothecary. I should hope he doesn't go to the mortal realm to hide. The last he saw of it, people were living in huts. Mnemosyne escaped and also went into hiding. Theia vanished after Hyperion helped her escape before Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon crushed him into his cell again. You should've seen the fireworks go off during that battle." I grimaced at the thought of my father, and uncles, trying to fight off that guy.

According to the people who'd actually met him and managed to survive the encounter, Hyperion was gigantic and muscular. If he wasn't born eons ago, I'd suggest steroids, is how Hades had described it to me the first time he'd brought me back to life. He said that he and Zeus had taken on Hyperion together to get to Cronus. The battle had lasted seven days straight without stop, blood, guts, and agony. They hardly had time to recover before Cronus came to them.

"Oh, don't worry," Prometheus answered calmly, looking down at the figurine again, "Cronus hasn't escaped. Zelios gave him enough grigoria that it should have killed him, but he's motionless. Rhea refused to leave him behind and joined him in his cell to tender to him while the others battled. Such an odd couple, those two. Anyway, Astraeus, Metis, Leto, Dione, Aura, and Philotes all managed to escape before the Olympians attacked the remaining, pushing them back into their cells. It wasn't what I was hoping for, but it was better than what I expected." I stiffened at the names, trying to remember each Titan.

Astraeus was the Titan of astrology. He wasn't incredibly dangerous, especially if the grigoria was still in his system, but he could definitely come to be a pain in the ass.

Metis was the mother of Athena, the Titaness good counsel, cunning, wisdom. Having her run around was a bad idea. She could manipulate like no other and she was also a hard person to defeat, much like her daughter.

Leto, the mother of Apollo and Artemis, the titaness of motherhood. She actually hadn't been sent to Tartarus with the rest of the titans at first. Zeus had taken her as his consort for a while before Hera made it impossible to keep her around and Zeus got fed up with Leto's pleading for him to do something, so she threw her into Tartarus. She obviously was not going to be pleased.

Dione was an oracular titaness. Not particularly dangerous, and yet another consort of Zeus, until once again he had had it with Hera making trouble because of her, so he punished her instead of his psychotic wife, sending Dione to Tartarus.