Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Now I knew how dogs felt when their owners left them behind.

I was bored as hell. There was nothing in Cain's room to do, even after I had finally gotten free of those weird invisible restraints he'd conjured. I'd managed to break through them somehow, but when I tried to open the door, not only was it locked, but it was blocked with a barrier too, so I was totally trapped.

Fury whipped through me, so to take out my anger, I broke everything in Cain's room. Yeah, it was a dick move, a childish move, but so was locking me up in his room! I tore the curtains down off the windows and tore the drapes from the canopy bed, pushed all the blankets on the floor, tore open all the drawers in his dresser and threw his clothes everywhere.

I opened his walk-in closet to tear everything apart in there, then paused at how neat everything was. I hadn't bothered to notice earlier. It was kind of weird, but Cain was always a stickler for detail. If I left clothes laying around, he'd throw a hissy fit and make me clean it up. Part of me wondered if he was just viciously OCD.

I walked into the closet and took a very skimpy red and black corset with matching garter belts, some weird lacy thong that I knew he'd never wear, and a pair of red heels to match. And judging from the size of them, they were not Cain's. A sliver of irritation shot through me, so I used my powers to shred the material before I tossed it aside and grabbed the next thing on the rack.

I went down the rack, tossing aside the slutty dirty clothes that he wore just so he could get attention. The attention whore. I pulled down a plain black corset with skulls dangling from the bottom, connected to pair of leather pants. I paused, turning to face the mirror at the end of the closet, holding it up to myself and grimacing at the fact that it would definitely fit me.

Even worse, I had forgotten to change my hair color back to navy, so now it was its natural shade of brown. I almost changed it back, then decided against it. I was tired of having navy anyway. Besides, what if Hannibal happened to walk in? Maybe I could pretend to Cain and get out of here.

No, Hannibal's been chasing after Cain for years. No doubt he'd be able to tell the difference between us.

Thinking back to his little slip up in the alley made me shudder as I dropped the clothing to the floor and stepped on it so I could reach over the racks to the shelves where Cain kept boxes upon boxes of shoes that he totally didn't need. But seriously, the thing with Hannibal. Talk about a kinky creep.

That was another annoying thing about being twins. For some reason, people thought twins were always sexually involved... which Cain and I were, but not anymore. And it wasn't because it was hot and forbidden and fun to fuck someone who looked like you. It was because we saw each other as individuals, separate individuals. Looking alike was just kind of a bonus, and kind of eerie sometimes, especially if you're the one being fucked. I mean, seriously? How weird is it to have you looking down at you while you fuck you? You-ception.

I sighed, tossing the last of Cain's things around when I heard the bedroom door open. I sat back, watching boredly as Cain picked his way over his strewn crap and stood in the doorway of the closet, glaring in at me. I smirked.

"Woof!" I greeted him. Cain twitched and looked like he was seconds away from barging in here and ripping my head off with his bare hands until Malachi appeared behind him and I perked up, getting to my feet. Malachi looked around, bewildered, then at me before a slow smirk spread across his face as looked down at Cain.

"I told you you shouldn't have locked him up in here. Abel doesn't do well in cages." He informed. Cain gave Malachi a murderous glare that our brother took in stride before he gestured for me to come out. I walked out of the closet, past Cain, who watched with this eerie glint in his eyes that promised me a slow and painful death for destroying his room. I held my hands up in surrender.