33 - Birthday surprise

A month has passed, and Fiona is completely back to normal. All her injuries have been healed. This month has been interesting, as Justin has seen various faces of her. She had started opening up to him. It's safe to say that she trusts him with her life. They have been on a few dates and outings. They also had a little brunch with Emy, James, Mason, and Kristy. As for Emy and James, surprisingly, their relationship is growing stronger with every day. Strange! But true. As for Justin's relationship with Fiona. Well, he still hasn't been able to man up and confess it to her. Surely, she knows that he likes her. But officially, he has not said anything to her.

Hey! He does not say that he is gay, but he just backs out when it comes to confessing his feelings to her. He just can't go to her and tell her He LOVES her. He has to do something special for her. She deserved that, especially in the circumstances when they got married.

But before that, he needed to plan something for her birthday. He had known her enough to say that she likes to celebrate her day with close ones. Yes, she loves gifts and surprises, but only those which are given from the heart.

Fiona is in a grumpy mood. But, of course, who wouldn't be if your birthday was going to start in a few minutes and no one remembered it?

The thing is simple.

Fiona always gets excited during her day, as per Em's information. So he told them to pretend to forget about her birthday. He also asked them to cut her off if she said anything about her day.

"Hey, Fiona, Sup?" He said casually as he entered their room.

"Nothing. You say complete your work?" She asked.

Justin was stopping himself from laughing in front of her. She looked so adorable in a grumpy mood. But he knows that after his surprise to her, she is going to jump out of joy. Well, at least he hopes she does.

You know, as people say, with some immense happiness, a bit of sadness is fine. But, actually, it was his words.

"Yes, all done perfectly. Well, I need your little help."

"What help?" She asked him in a dilemma.

"Come with me. I will show you."

"Okay."

He grabbed her hand and led her to the living area. He checked his watch. 11:58, two more minutes left.

"It's dark here." She commented.

"Go ahead and turn on the light." He told her as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. So she went towards the wall and switched on the lights.

Fifteen seconds left.

"So now what?" She asked.

She was beyond frustrated. Emmy used to call her at 11:55 to wish her well, but not this time. Justin had another surprise planned for her.

Three seconds left.

"Look behind you and see yourself."

He said it with a smile on his face.

3 seconds

She slowly turned around.

2 seconds

Still turning.

1 second

And boom

She saw her surprise.

"Happy birthday."

He told her in her ear and took a few steps back.

On the main wall of the living room, Justin removed all the scenic photo frames and replaced them with their memories. There were many pictures displayed on the wall.