6 - Deal revealed

Fiona's words still stunned Justin. He sat on the couch thinking about all the things she had told him.

She is the most beautiful person he has ever laid eyes on. It might sound a bit cliché, but it's the truth. This is not because of how he treated her, but because he still remembers the day when he first met her.

He met his wife two months ago at a business party. He had heard about her through his father. His father, Daniel, was always babbling about her traits and sincerity towards her work. And if he gives it some thought, indeed, she is sincere and diligent. The presentation that she prepared was very promising. Fiona did her work cleverly. She has been working with his father for the past two years, but he couldn't meet her due to his work. But two months ago, Justin finally met her at a business party.

Fiona looked pretty that day. She wore a red dress which fitted her perfectly. The dress was not too flashy. It was plain and simple, which looked beautiful on her. It was as if it was made for her. If given some thought, Fiona was always dressed in simple clothes that still looked elegant on her.

When Justin's dad finally introduced her to him, he could see how perfect she looked. He noticed that she had put on minimal makeup, showing her natural features. It is really rare for a girl to use less makeup. Whenever she laughs, her eyes twinkle brightly. For unknown reasons, it makes his heart beat faster. She had the most beautiful smile that he had ever seen.

Reminiscing about that day still brings a smile to Justin's face.

On the other hand, Justin was hurt to learn that she thought he was a man whore. Yes, he knows that women love him and literally run behind him. They always agree with what he says. But at the party, when Justin talked to her, he noticed that she wasn't afraid to put her thoughts and opinions in front of him. That is one of the rare qualities which impressed him the most. Fiona was different from all the other girls he had ever met. But only if she knows that he is far from being a man whore. Justin needs to clear her facts.

One thing that hasn't clicked is why Fiona married him if she didn't want his money.

During her outburst, she mentioned his dad was blackmailing her. But what was he blackmailing her about? And what would have happened if she hadn't married him?

Only one person can answer all his queries. His dad! He is the reason behind all this.

It's wrong for him to say, but he certainly should be glad that Fiona was drunk because she wouldn't have mentioned the deal if not for alcohol. Well, not at least this soon.

Immediately, Justin called his dad. He explained to him briefly about the situation. After talking to his dad on the phone, he asked Justin to wait in his apartment.

When his dad arrived, he explained everything. How could he not notice that Fiona loved her job? He told her that if she didn't marry Justin, she would have been fired. This would have caused a poor impression on her resume. He also threatened her, saying that if she turned down his offer, he would make sure she didn't get a good job elsewhere. His father also had the nerves to make her sign the contract for the deal. And the reason behind this entire plot was Justin.

He thought Justin was a workaholic. Yes, his social life was a colossal disaster because of his work, but he didn't care. Justin was never interested in dating girls because he knew that they wanted his money, fame, and gifts, and he didn't want to be associated with those kinds of women.

In his hectic schedule, he has had no time to date. He was too busy even to consider this option. So that's where his dad stepped in and took the matter into his own hand. He blackmailed Fiona. Yes, it does sound stupid and lame, but it's the truth. Parents do indeed have a weird way of showing their love.

To solve this problem, he could have hooked Justin up with random girls, could have made him go on a blind date, but instead, he coerced him to marry Fiona.

Yes, Justin married her against his will. He, like her, was being blackmailed by his father. Nevertheless, he went ahead and threatened Justin with taking everything he had earned over the previous few years. And he was not ready to lose that. How can he let his hard work go in vain? So he had no option but to agree to this proposal.

After the talk with his dad, Justin realized that he was indeed wrong to judge Fiona. He also told him that he even offered her a promotion to make the deal more tempting and increased her salary, but she gracefully denied it. She wanted nothing in return from the deal. One thing that would benefit her would be to keep her parents off her back.

Those words made Justin realize why his dad thought she was the one for him. Like every other girl, she also wanted to have a lavish lifestyle. But she also wanted to earn it, unlike other women. That made her different from others. Fiona is the kind of person who is hardworking and values and respects her work. She doesn't run behind money. She wants money to chase her hard work.

Dam! Only if he had known before they could have avoided this fiasco.